Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2, about 18" apart.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

At least they will eat better than ducks.

Comment

Is that an opinion?

Hope all is well D.

Comment

Turkey at Lake Whitney

Is anyone out there seeing any Turkey? Looking at trying out there this spring but never been to the area. Didn't want to do scouting around deer season lest I accidentally disturb someones day.
          Last edited by TheNewGuy; 11-09-2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            At least they will eat better than ducks.
            I've had some pretty good duck and some pretty not good striper. But all in all, I'll take whichever decoys first.

That's some good shootin to use 2s with an 18 in spread. I'm impressed.

We should have a 1 bb sporting clays tournament. 1 bb per shot shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Went on a duck scouting trip today. [ATTACH]1027168[/ATTACH]

Dang! Now im mad I didn't make it out!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                I've had some pretty good duck and some pretty not good striper. But all in all, I'll take whichever decoys first.

That's some good shootin to use 2s with an 18 in spread. I'm impressed.

We should have a 1 bb sporting clays tournament. 1 bb per shot shell.

Your on brother! I've still got my trusty Red Ryder and it shoots steel just fine, with a slight arc.

Comment

Took the new duck boat out for a test drive on another lake. Not many birds seen. I'm going out again tomorrow. The tanks I see on the way to work didn't have ducks on them this afternoon. I fear they've gone back north. Will see what I find tomorrow. I'm looking for a way into a duck hole I've seen on the maps. I think I've got it pegged. Next week I think I'll go up and scout some Oklahoma spots. Never hunted ducks there and I hear it's kinda the wild west with the guides on public. We'll see. Good luck to all hunting this weekend.

I've got a red ryder as well. I'll start practicing.

Comment

Well, I "was" looking forward to going out Saturday. Now the weather has changed to possible 20mph winds Saturday after noon with beginning winds of 14mph at sunrise. Going to be out of the S and SW. With a high temp in the lower 80s. Good news is there will be a cold front blow in over night Saturday night. But still in the 60s at sunrise Sunday morning. Winds from the NW switching to the NE at a stead 14mph most of the day. Highs for Sunday in the lower 70s.

I can live with 15mph. But that's about my limit in a light craft. Makes it hard to get on the trailer. And hold the boat steady into the wind when under way. Plus the vibration from rough water on a non v-nose hull is teeth cracking.

Might as well practice shooting the Red Ryder Saturday.

Comment

Yep. Most of the birds that were on the tanks I watch are gone. Went back north I guess. I'm scratching sat morning. May go scout some more on another lake that I don't have to cross open water. May hunt Sunday morning. Good luck to all hunting this weekend!

Comment

Bluebird day! Thanks to our creator. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_070143.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	24637551

Comment

I'm hope-n the cool font brought a few back. Seen 1 flight of 4. And there's a big group of teal beached up just around the corner from me about 200 yards off.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_070655.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	24637553

Comment

Just had 3 teal buzz my deekes at 15 yards. I didn't see them and looked up. And they flaired.

Comment

Just missed a pintail

Comment

Canvasbacks are here. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_093234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	24637558

Comment

Working...
                                X