No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waco this am. Lots of scrapes and pig signs. Maybe I'll get lucky. Either way better than being at home!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
      Homestead down.

How's the famliy brother? How's the Lil Forest Princes? Been taking care of her lil brother? Hope you can get out soon.

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Waco this am. Lots of scrapes and pig signs. Maybe I'll get lucky. Either way better than being at home!

Get ya one Flex!

Comment

nada for me this morning. My dad saw two got trigger happy and shot to low. Its his first time hunting with any other weapon besides a rifle. Atleast he saw some.

Comment

No luck. But was a nice morning! Found some ducks holed up in a few spots.

Did find a few more old bottles for my collection!

Comment

It was good to meet you this evening James. Hope that boat serves you well.

Comment

Back at the gate. Hopefully no one put a pop up in the spot I hunt like they did my dads spot. I don’t understand why people set up on areas where you can tell someone has been Corning. If I see a spot where I think someone is set up I find a different spot. Just seem like common courtesy to me. Rant over time to get ready to walk in and see if one slips up today

Comment

Just go sit and hunt in that pop-up. And if they show up and ask why your in there, just ask why they hunting your corn.

That's why I move about every two weeks Justin. It makes it harder for those who wanna leach off of the work of others. I have learned that people will follow a path if you create one. So I try to leave no trace where I'm going or where I've been. It's not just the deer that I'm trying to fool.
                Hope ya wrap one or three up soon!
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-01-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Just annoying I guess. But it is public land. Got busted 10 min before shooting light and she had a fit. Blowing and stomping.no sightings after that.

Comment

Ducks next weekend. Hope for some luck. Gonna hit the deer and ducks hard Thanksgiving week.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                      Just annoying I guess. But it is public land. Got busted 10 min before shooting light and she had a fit. Blowing and stomping.no sightings after that.

Out of curiosity, were you hunting from an elevated position? Also, was the doe downwind of you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeansInChili View Post
                        Out of curiosity, were you hunting from an elevated position? Also, was the doe downwind of you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        on the ground she was up/ cross wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                          Ducks next weekend. Hope for some luck. Gonna hit the deer and ducks hard Thanksgiving week.

Yall doing the Youth Only hunt?

I'll be dragging out the deeques and get-n the boat-blind rigged next weekend, for the adult opener on the 14th. Got the new Beretta broke in finally.

Comment

I've got the duck boat almost ready. Just need to install the navigation lights and hook up switches for all lights and were ready to go. Weight is going to be an issue. I'm thinking of tying the sled tight to the stern. I'm running a longtail so I can run the shaft over it. Scouting later this week. Seeing lots of birds on the tanks I see on way to the office. More came in Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Yall doing the Youth Only hunt?

I'll be dragging out the deeques and get-n the boat-blind rigged next weekend, for the adult opener on the 14th. Got the new Beretta broke in finally.
                              That's the plan. If my boy wants to get out of bed. Youth makes for good scouting. Nice to set up on a new spot on public and see how birds work and whether it's worth a "real" hunt.

Comment

Had mine out Saturday for a test run. Performed as expected since putting new pods on and finally getting all the motor parts installed between every thing else I've had going on. I'm gonna be able to get in really skinny areas now. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201031_171417.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	24636796Click image for larger version

Name:	20201031_171442.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	24636797

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X