No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm.. waco or aquilla this weekend. Decisions decisions!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bet some folks are itching right about now

Comment

Young bucks were running does hard yesterday. Good luck to all you hunting this year.
        Don't forget that sharing your stories is part of the fun.

JC

Comment

the scrapes seem to be popping up more lately.

Comment

Originally posted by COUNTRY BOY View Post
            Bet some folks are itching right about now
            I definitely am! Waiting on my hand to recover, and be off these antibiotics. I have been just drained. Which is not normal for me. It's hard to keep me out of the woods at a time like this!

Comment

It appears that Plowman camp ground is open this morning. I could be wrong but the gates are open .

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                It appears that Plowman camp ground is open this morning. I could be wrong but the gates are open .
                They are open on weekends now

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  Does this mean that Whitney is gonna flood again soon? [emoji28]

I certainly hope not. I'm all for getting some rain. But hopefully we won't see any flooding for a while.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Do you guys wear snake guards/boots? I’ve seen a good amount of big rattlers (not recently though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeansInChili View Post
                      Do you guys wear snake guards/boots? I’ve seen a good amount of big rattlers (not recently though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I wear snake boots or mud boots

Comment

Finally made it back home , to make you guys happy the last deer I saw was at 1130. Now you have to figure out which side of the lake.

Comment

I've decided I'm going to give waco a shot in the am. Taking the boat out to scout some ducks while I'm at it.

Gotta do an afternoon trip to aquilla my first time so I have light to see where I am.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I wear tennyshoes, rubber boots, or insolated rubber boots. You just gotta be aware of where you step. Or be faster than the snake.

Seriously, no matter the time of year, always watch where you step. I've come really close, like 3"-5" close in tennyshoes. And know of two people who've been bit. I also know where some dens are. But ACE rules forbid catching or killing of them. So I just leave them alone. I just leave all of them alone or nudge them off on their way.

First rattler I ever got was in Llano in 1983, in Dec. It was 5'-6". I've since caught 2 more bigger, both in Jackboro on the same ranch. One was 5'-8". The other was 5'-9". Twas some good chicken fry!
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-30-2020, 06:55 PM.

Comment

My 1978 Resistol relined by Petters Bros Hats of downtown Ft. Worth. Donned with my biggest copperhead 34" caught in Gordon, TX. 2008, accented with a couple of Jake turkey beards at the seam. Tanned it my self. And banded it my self. I've got a few hog tusk and teeth I'ma gonna add to it pretty soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snakeband hat.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	24636623

Comment

Homestead down.

Comment

Working...
                                X