20-21 Amistad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    ^^^ by chance did you run the electronics on your boat and remeber what the water temp might be? Thinking of launching the yak but not if the water is too cold...
    I did have the GPS on but never pay attention to water temp. Does the NOAA site that has the lake levels report temp too?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      I did have the GPS on but never pay attention to water temp. Does the NOAA site that has the lake levels report temp too?
      Not sure but I will defenitly be checking...

I was sent this pic... I was told some guys without fishing licenses were "popped" with these...
      Attached Files

Comment

Dang!
        You'd think people who're that successful would spring for a license.

Comment

I was sent this pic... I was told some guys without fishing licenses were "popped" with these...
          Those are from the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Dang!
            You'd think people who're that successful would spring for a license.
            Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
            Those are from the coast.
            Yes they are I thought those looked different from the few fresh water drum I have seen.... Amistad is what the buddy told me that sent me the pic...

I found out this morning this was posted on fb page named fishing 361 or something like that. I figured I would come back here and correct this before Burnadell called me out for posting factious information

Comment

lol, Burnadell will tar and feather you per-fish for that.
              Both of those game wardens look very familiar, but I hang out on the coast a lot too.

Comment

Yep 361 fishing. They get popped all the time around here.

Comment

Yes they are I thought those looked different from the few fresh water drum I have seen.... Amistad is what the buddy told me that sent me the pic...

I found out this morning this was posted on fb page named fishing 361 or something like that. I figured I would come back here and correct this before Burnadell called me out for posting factious information

Dang I can't even spell fictitious correctly Burnadell is really going to get me now

Comment

Mouflon

First time I’ve ever gone out there (5) and not seen a SINGLE mouflon. Heard a rumor that they netted them. Anyone know if there’s any truth to that rumor?

Comment

I talked to the park ranger and he told me all the mouflon were across highway, Never known them to move over there but then again I haven’t hunted there but for a couple years. Last time I went I didn’t see any either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                        I talked to the park ranger and he told me all the mouflon were across highway, Never known them to move over there but then again I haven’t hunted there but for a couple years. Last time I went I didn’t see any either.
                        We heard that theory too. We went across the highway and glassed. All we saw were crane & deer. The weirdest thing is not seeing them in the neighborhood behind area 5. Never not seen ‘em in that sanctuary.

Comment

Couple years ago I heard rumors that people on the neighborhood/private were opening up on them with ARs when they'd go over there. No idea if there's any traction to that and I can't remember where I heard it but it was in the form of a complaint that not all the neighborhood people agreed with it.

Comment

I hope they will be back, I enjoyed hunting them. It would be a shame if they killed them all off or netted them. I’m going to call the rangers and see if they have any insight into the disappearance

Comment

Yes they hired a pilot to net them. They were taken to Harper and sold . The pilot had a contract to do this.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
                                Yes they hired a pilot to net them. They were taken to Harper and sold . The pilot had a contract to do this.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                                We asked a park ranger about it and she claimed not to know anything. I'm guessing they're hearing a lot of complaints from hunters. That sucks. The #1 reason we liked going. May have to move our annual trip to another place.

Comment

Working...
                                X