Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hang and Hunt Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make an aider for each stick and you can get an extra 7ft easy

Comment

I was 5'-8". But I got old.

And I use what ever it takes to get to the height I want, for a given situation.

I gotta agree with troy w7 for the most part. Background cover will make a huge difference. I've killed a plenty off an old Strong-Built 10' ladder stand. Gave it away about a year ago. Had it since the mid '90s. I've got one with a little wider seat on it now. And have a choice of 4', 8', 12', or 16'. Been kill-n deer at 8' with it.

A man just can't have enough equipment for different situations when hunting public lands.

Adapt, and over come!

Comment

I’m 5’9” and with 4 lone wolf sticks I can EASILY got to 20’. If I get pretty athletic and got a limb here and there 25’+ is doable... if the need calls for it. No aiders, naders, potaters or alligators

Get all your tough stuff done down low. My first step is about chin high. Set stick, grab spine as high as you can reach and put your toe on the tree, you can walk right up to the step easily... that’s just shy of 8’ on first step. If needed I’ll go cheat high on next one. Now I’m 15’ish on 2 sticks with no monkey business and can take it easy after that to 20. And if you nervous or new to climbing the sketchy part is under 5’

Pm your number if you need and I can video a few techniques if needed (done it for several)

I like the longer sticks myself

Comment

Climbed this real quick with work clothes on. Lol. Measured 7’ to top step. Just walk up the tree... but hold on to stick “spine “ NOT tree. I put lineman’s on once I get onto 1st stick
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            I’m 5’9” and with 4 lone wolf sticks I can EASILY got to 20’. If I get pretty athletic and got a limb here and there 25’+ is doable... if the need calls for it. No aiders, naders, potaters or alligators

Get all your tough stuff done down low. My first step is about chin high. Set stick, grab spine as high as you can reach and put your toe on the tree, you can walk right up to the step easily... that’s just shy of 8’ on first step. If needed I’ll go cheat high on next one. Now I’m 15’ish on 2 sticks with no monkey business and can take it easy after that to 20. And if you nervous or new to climbing the sketchy part is under 5’

Pm your number if you need and I can video a few techniques if needed (done it for several)

I like the longer sticks myself
            Thanks for the tip, I'm going to mess with them this weekend and will try this method out. I also bought some webbing to try and make an aider as well.

Comment

Working...
            X