No announcement yet.

Somerville 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=97JeepGuy;15338659]Anybody on here been duck hunting the WMAs or just the main lake this year?

I've tried to do some duck hunting out there this year, but it's been way overpressured with people hunting some spots almost daily. Now I'm hunting elsewhere for the rest of the season.

Comment

[quote=Pretengineer;15352519]
      Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
      Anybody on here been duck hunting the WMAs or just the main lake this year?

I've tried to do some duck hunting out there this year, but it's been way overpressured with people hunting some spots almost daily. Now I'm hunting elsewhere for the rest of the season.

Yeah I went out there the other day. I dunno where people can hunt other than the creeks. Literally no water anywhere that I could find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only been out once since rifle season started.

Seemed like things were really slow. Only saw 1 small doe.

Think all the surrounding properties got the majority of them?

Comment

Originally posted by scottimus View Post
          Seemed like things were really slow. Only saw 1 small doe.

Think all the surrounding properties got the majority of them?

I’m assuming you were pig hunting...?

Comment

My son was out last week saw several deer and a ton of pigs

Comment

Came across 5-6 poached black bucks on the Yegua unit. Yes the game warden has already been contacted.

Comment

Somerville 2020/21

Came across 5-6 poached black bucks on the Yegua unit. Yes the game warden has already been contacted.

Triple Threat Ranch is along the South East side of Yegua. Wonder if they were dumped. It’s legal to take feral exotics, but not sure about on this WMA in particular. You’d assume they’d actually take the animals if they were actually harvested.

Last edited by HogStalker; 01-06-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                  Triple Threat Ranch is along the South East side of Yegua. Wonder if they were dumped. It’s legal to take feral exotics, but not sure about on this WMA in particular. You’d assume they’d actually take the animals if they were actually harvested.

They were poached. 6 of them if not more. No antlers or meat taken and had barb wire around the heads to drag. These were found over by the oil pumps near triple threat ranch.

Comment

Hell just take the heads!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

why poach if you dont take meat or horns? this doesnt sound right to me.

Comment

They were poached. 6 of them if not more. No antlers or meat taken and had barb wire around the heads to drag. These were found over by the oil pumps near triple threat ranch.

Thinking outloud, what makes you think they were poached and they left meat and antlers on animals? Do people poach to take a selfie with an animal? Truly am wondering this, need to hear what ya think

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                          why poach if you dont take meat or horns? this doesnt sound right to me.

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post

Could they have been diseased? A ranch could have dumped them in order to keep it from spreading.

Comment

I talked to the game warden. Said they have an operation going on. You can see they drug it with baling wire tied on horns. Plus if the ranch is dumping them due to disease I believe there’s a proper way to do it.

Comment

4 of them are all together then the last one has wire around it’s head in the middle of a field about 200 yards away. Not sure if they were scared off and couldn’t finish the job. Just speculating.

Comment

Working...
                                X