No announcement yet.

Lake Texoma Corp Land question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres a reason I dont hunt texoma corp and it's in my backyard.. go take a drive thru your local nasty arse trailer park and give everyone a bow..

You're welcome.

Edit... and give 25% a rifle..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
      That was one of the reason I left there. I had a lock on chained up during the season. I left it there because I hunt a lot lol. Last 4 times I went out there someone cut my bow haul up cord. Obviously someone wanting to let me know they didn’t want me there. It was way up in there pretty far too. It really pizzed me off. I never did see anyone walking through when I was there. Wish I could have caught em. Hunter etiquette on public land ain’t what it used to be it seems. Public land owners are very rampant these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup, it’s all about being mobile now. No leaving stands up and worrying about them being stolen or jacked with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
        Yup, it’s all about being mobile now. No leaving stands up and worrying about them being stolen or jacked with.

If I ever went back to public I no doubt would just become a saddle style hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
          If I ever went back to public I no doubt would just become a saddle style hunter.

I just purchased a saddle. Missing hunting public land a little bit. Going to stick my toe back in it this year, but probably in Oklahoma.

Comment

I just purchased a saddle. Missing hunting public land a little bit. Going to stick my toe back in it this year, but probably in Oklahoma.

WE got a GPS traker on your truck , you can't hide

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
              WE got a GPS traker on your truck , you can't hide
              Bring it on, Dap!

Comment

i'm planning on hunting it this year i scouted it last year and about a month ago and yes it is a lawless place saw guys filling feeders on public found empty corn bangs atvs every where and even found a hunting cabin in the woods i met a few locals by the river they were shooting an sks at beer bottles logs and turtles that floated by just to kinda give you in idea of what lives there but i like a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post
                  I drew Hagerman a few years ago and noticed that part of the corp land butts up to the refuge. Plus Grayson being bow only it seems there have to be old deer in there

The corps land near the Haggerman border gets unbelievably hammered. Illegal feeders, permanent stands, hand baiting.... you name it. I gave up on everything on the big mineral arm after 3 years of frustration.

The rest of the corps land is almost as much of a free for all, but if you can find a spot that is too hard for other guys to get to, you have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post
                    I have been shown pictures of some of the deer on the corp land on the Oklahoma side from a fellow TBH when I purchased a tree stand from him and it makes me want to invest in an Oklahoma hunting license. The deer he was showing me had some serious trash and mass

The OK side is much better than the Tx side. Just as it is all along the OK/TX border.

Their shorter gun season, and it not covering the full rut, leads to more mature deer surviving. Muzzleloader gets absolutely hammered, but it is so short lots of bucks live through that.

I have chased a few 140’s on oklahoma public in the last few years. For a dedicated bow hunter without private ground, it is a much better investment than a Texas license.

Comment

Bring it on, Dap!
                      after Kansas is done I just might! see ya on the Oklahoma side this year !!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                        after Kansas is done I just might! see ya on the Oklahoma side this year !!

Come on with it!

Comment

The advice here is pretty spot on, scouted it recently and its owned by the locals, lots of stands, cameras and gravity feeders. Plenty of hog sign but little to no deer sign on the 3 sections we looked in. Highlight of the day was walking by a cellular cam and shortly there after hearing honking out where I parked the truck and a guy racking his pipes up and down the road, went about my merry way scouting. I didn't get to meet this little angel on the way back but he definitely was letting known I was in "his" spot and he wasn't happy about it.

Comment

I’ve lived in Grayson county all my life and have hunted the Corp land around Texoma for 30+yrs. It use to be pretty good, but I guess with likes of other things the internet and social media pretty much ruins a good thing, everybody from three county’s away hears about the Corp land around Texoma and hear they coming pouring in. [emoji23] The last time I hunted up there about 4 yrs ago there were more people than you could shake a stick at. So I finally just bought a nice piece of land, so I don’t have to deal with the folks that have ruined the hunting up there. Good luck.

Comment

It gets worse every year up there, my uncle has owned land that buts up to this area for years. We’ve had trail cams stolen, stands etc...

I don’t recommend running cameras, SD card will be gone or the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by OBU13DAD View Post
                                I hunted granpappy for years until they closed it off. We went in by boat if you can find a place to go in by boat that is the ticket!
                                This ^^^ we hunted it for years by boat. You can get to some areas most wont try for.

Sean

Comment

Working...
                                X