2020-2021 LBJ Grasslands !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protocall's?

I started Scouting/Hunting the LBJ Grasslands end of last season (2021-2022). Have scouted out the places I am hunting now and for the rest of the season. If I get one nice buck in a 10-year time period, I will be stoked. So needless to say I am not going to get competitive with other hunters, would rather share info (privately) to help others have success. It's the feeling that drove me as a kid to the creeks with my BB gun that I get scouting and if I can catch lightening in a bottle harvest a nice mature buck etc...

That being said are the unwritten rules for the LBJ amongst us hunters? I got to one of my spots this past Sunday am, a smaller unit, and a truck was there, so I moved on to a different spot sacrificing first light etc... Do others do the same?

If you find a stand that has been there since last year, can you hunt in it?

If you're in a popup blind, should you be concerned, an arrow might go through it?

Any concerns about theft or vandalism to your truck while you're hunting (like Red River Cooke USACE open hunting)

I have mule deer hunted on fed land for a long time, and only saw other hunters' handful of times, so not use to the LBJ do's and do nots etc...

Good luck to all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmareiii View Post
      I started Scouting/Hunting the LBJ Grasslands end of last season (2021-2022). Have scouted out the places I am hunting now and for the rest of the season. If I get one nice buck in a 10-year time period, I will be stoked. So needless to say I am not going to get competitive with other hunters, would rather share info (privately) to help others have success. It's the feeling that drove me as a kid to the creeks with my BB gun that I get scouting and if I can catch lightening in a bottle harvest a nice mature buck etc...

That being said are the unwritten rules for the LBJ amongst us hunters? I got to one of my spots this past Sunday am, a smaller unit, and a truck was there, so I moved on to a different spot sacrificing first light etc... Do others do the same?

If you find a stand that has been there since last year, can you hunt in it?

If you're in a popup blind, should you be concerned, an arrow might go through it?

Any concerns about theft or vandalism to your truck while you're hunting (like Red River Cooke USACE open hunting)

I have mule deer hunted on fed land for a long time, and only saw other hunters' handful of times, so not use to the LBJ do's and do nots etc...

Good luck to all!

You would be better to ask on the new updated thread. This is last year's thread.

Click here >>---> LBJ 2022-2023

Comment

Working...
      X