No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won’t apply for Balcones again, hunted if last year, and was disappointed. Maybe if you want to kill pigs, but that’s about all I saw there

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
      All draw hunts have been cancelled due to the Covid.Don't bother putting in..............and don't bother confirming this either.

DJ

That's what i heard too.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
        Can you apply and add a family member as a second applicant and then can they apply themself and add me as their second applicant? So in essence I can enter myself and have others enter me too?
        NO, not for the same hunt category/location. You can only be on ONE application per hunt unit.

Example: You can enter for multiple hunts in the same category (i.e. Either Sex Chaparral and Either Sex James Daughtrey) BUT you can't be on two applications for Either Sex Chaparral. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
          Thanks. So it doesn't matter which one of us applies. It just averages out the points? Does everyone still gain points when not drawn?
          All your names need to be on the application to receive the permit if drawn. They will average the points of all the applicants listed. If not drawn, everyone on the application will receive a preference point for that hunt category.

Comment

Just donated some money to TPWD. Maybe I'll get lucky and draw something this year.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
              did you have any luck and get anything
              We killed a few ducks and one pheasant. The playa water level is very dependent on rainfall. They don't pump water into it, so it if doesn't rain there, there won't be any water or ducks. It was ankle deep and about the size of a normal living room when we hunted. Not ideal. It dried up enough that the group that hunted the next hunt after me didn't even have a chance to hunt waterfowl. They just had a pheasant hunt.

I've hunted pheasant in Texas a good bit, but the birds there were the spookiest I've ever seen/hunted. Most flushed at 80+ yards. Like I said there were a bunch of empty shells all around the playa and all through the property. It gets hunted a good bit and they acted like they knew the game.

Comment

Did my yearly donation.. 10 for myself and 3 youth.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I signed up me and my boys up for everything that’s not a whitetail or javelina.

Comment

Can you apply and add a family member as a second applicant and then can they apply themself and add me as their second applicant? So in essence I can enter myself and have others enter me too?
                    Wishful thinking

Comment

Nope, system prevents that. Back before he system was online if you did that they disqualified you

Comment

just put in for 12 for me and my boys, wish i could throw some more money at it but football season kills most of the september and october hunts. really wish we could buy points.

last time i threw my 5 points of GDE at the chap just hoping for a point i drew the dang tag and couldnt go.

Comment

welp I just spent way too much money on this. But with no lease and nowhere else to hunt right now this is my only shot.

Comment

Well another $84 I'll never see again.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Well another $84 I'll never see again.
                              Lol ! Me 2!😂

Comment

I put the kid in for 16 hunts! He drew Mason Mountain last year in his first year of eligibility and killed a spike.

Comment

Working...
                                X