Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    For YGDE I put him in for Choke, Daughtrey, and Matagorda Island. He drew the Matagorda Island.
    That should be a fun hunt. Hearing from others, work on him being able to stretch his shot range and take snake chaps/boots. Lots rattlesnakes!

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
      That should be a fun hunt. Hearing from others, work on him being able to stretch his shot range and take snake chaps/boots. Lots rattlesnakes!
      He blasted a doe out there a few years ago at 269 yards out of one of their blinds with his mom's 308. Those blinds don't make for the best rests but he put a perfect shot on her. I got to carry that doe Sasquatch style on my shoulder through two marsh sloughs, it was tough. The other doe he shot out there was maybe 30 yards tops, almost felt bad letting him shoot that one it wasn't fair. He's got his own rifle now so I'm hoping he's improved even more, though hasn't practiced as much as I'd like with all this virus crap keeping people stuck at home.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
        We just have to hope and pray neither of these two get flooded out. They are prone to, and these hunts have been cancelled in the past.
        Yessir!!
        If that should happen, I’ll just drive on up 79 and hunt my lease for 2 weeks then!!

Comment

I'm 0 for 25 this year. I really thought I had a good shot at being selected for Laguna. For those who were drawn, when is the deadline to pay for the Laguna fees? Maybe I'll get lucky on the 2nd draw. Thanks!

Comment

Congrats to everyone that got drawn. 2nd draw for me on Hagerman, Granger, Balcones, Richland. Oh well

Comment

Finally got my squirrel draw so I'll quit carping about it for now. 2nd on everything else so far. Even some hunts that have been sure things in the past. We got a second draw last year and I'm hoping the same holds true again.
              Since I drew squirrel I'm depressed. I need something else to complain about.

Comment

My daughter drew the Jan 23-24 youth hunt at powderhorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                  Awesome for her! Haven't been there myself but seems like a very high success rate for her to come back with a Sambar from that hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                    Since I drew squirrel I'm depressed. I need something else to complain about.
                    Start applying for the Rita pronghorn hunt, that'll cover you for years.

Comment

Awesome, keep us updated on how it goes.

Comment

Striking out again so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome hunt! Buddy's boys drew last year. One got a Sambar and other got nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlybird View Post
                            I won Laguna Acosta 12/4-12/8 and Aransas 10/3-10/11.

Anyone know when the results for E Postcard Archery Deer like Balcones NWR come out? hoping it is before I have to purchase a permit for one of the two I just drew (9/11)
                            Me and a buddy won that same Laguna Atascosa 12/4-12/8 hunt. Curious if you had any experience with it, if you are planning to make the scouting trip in a few weeks or not?

Neither of us have hunted this area, but we are happy to share ideas/research/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gdouty View Post
                              Me and a buddy won that same Laguna Atascosa 12/4-12/8 hunt. Curious if you had any experience with it, if you are planning to make the scouting trip in a few weeks or not?

Neither of us have hunted this area, but we are happy to share ideas/research/etc.
                              When are your Laguna Atascosa fees due?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertT84 View Post
                                When are your Laguna Atascosa fees due?
                                9/11/20. I would suspect they do the second draw the Monday after.

Comment

Working...
                                X