No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was drawn for Hagerman Seg. B 11/20-11/22 and for Laguna Atascosa 11/20-11/24 first time I've ever been selected and had 4 points in the category. I need some advise on which one to attend. I already asked TPWD and they can't be moved so I have to choose, LA has a mandatory orientation on the 19th so I don't see any way I can hunt both effectively. So what would you do in my shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
      11/6-8 also. I gonna try to get up there in October for a weekend to scout.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
      Nice! I guess I will see you there in Nov.

Comment

I won E-postcard Archery Deer for Big Lake Bottom (11/6-11/15), and Richland Creek South 12/18-12/27. First time to win anything and I’m stoked!!!

Comment

Pending 2nd draw on my private lands hunt. I'm never going to draw.

Comment

I won Big Lake Bottom Archery Deer 12/4-12/13. This is my first time winning a E-Postcard draw. Is there any information on here about the WMA?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
              I won E-postcard Archery Deer for Big Lake Bottom (11/6-11/15), and Richland Creek South 12/18-12/27. First time to win anything and I’m stoked!!!
              Same here are group got both also. Different dates though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky333 View Post
                I totally agree with this assessment. Laguna is an awesome place and I was happy to get a hog at aransas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Hey man how you been? Any luck this year

Comment

my kids and I were had drawn 1 hunt in over 100 applications over the last 3 years until I just drew Big Lake Bottom and Richland Chambers South E postcard archery hunts today. They are back to back Nov 6-15(BLB) and Nov 20-20(RCS) . I know it will be tough hunting and I've never hunted this type of area so it should be fun. I'm super excited.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterRoss View Post
                    I was drawn for Hagerman Seg. B 11/20-11/22 and for Laguna Atascosa 11/20-11/24 first time I've ever been selected and had 4 points in the category. I need some advise on which one to attend. I already asked TPWD and they can't be moved so I have to choose, LA has a mandatory orientation on the 19th so I don't see any way I can hunt both effectively. So what would you do in my shoes?
                    They're both great hunts. LA is more days. Which one is closer? Hagerman will probably be in the rut. Atascosa will be pre rut. Tough decision. Both have orientation and both will work with you if you can't make it.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      My little dude just drew "either sex" Colorado Bend State Park in December.
                      Congrats to your boy...heck, you could stay at Tim's place

Comment

Dang Powderhorn went straight to Not Selected

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                          Congrats to your boy...heck, you could stay at Tim's place

Thank you.

Already texted and got that set up. We'll have to confirm next week, but looks like it will work out.

I can't believe the kid drew this hunt. He drew Mason Mountain last year and now Colorado Bend in his first two years of applying. I'm pretty excited for the kiddo.
                          Last edited by Chad C; 09-02-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Im jealous of all you guys! I thought for sure this would be my year. I've only been on two hunts in 9 years of applying. Ok, done throwing my pity party lol.

Congrats to all who drew!

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                              And I won Aransas NWR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I won Aransas also

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                                Later today. Congrats on Laguna. Best archery Hunt in Texas imo, Aransas is a waste of time
                                Agree with ya on that. Not to say animals cant be had, because they can. Out of all the draw hunts I've been on, that's the only one I will never go back.

Comment

Working...
                                X