Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

First buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! I've only ever taken one deer on public land and yours is way bigger. Welcome to TBH!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome. Congrats!

Comment

Cool story! Congrats!

Comment

Huge congrats on the public land buck. Off to a heck of a start.

Comment

Congratulations!
              Way to go!

Comment

Nice. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by firemedic731 View Post
                  Hey guys/gals,

New here, just wanted to share from this previous season. This was my first year hunting, I got my first buck, on public land, with a bow. He was right at 13" inside spread and 7 points, I think he was 8 but had a broken tine at the end of his main beam on his left side. I set up my ground blind between two scrapes, he came in down wind about 35 yards. I actually caught it all on the trail cam I had on the scrape. He heard my strings and quartered towards me, I hit him pretty far forward however the arrow went in his neck/right shoulder and down through the vitals, stopping in his ribs on his back left side. I dont know that ill take a shot that long again. He went less than 100 yards, I was lucky to find him in an open field under a tree, there wasn't any blood trail, the arrow didn't pass through. You can actually see the blazer vanes in the picture. Shooting a used 2013 Hoyt Charger at 60# shooting Easton Axis 5mm with Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain. I actually left the fire station that morning, I got into the ground blind about 8:24 and shot him just before 0900. I have made a few changes to my game, i got a tethrd mantis saddle and predator platform, DRT climbing. I did a lot of post season scouting and think ill have a good shot at some real nice bucks this next season.

[IMG][/IMG]
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Congrats man..looks like a clean shot

Comment

Awesome write up. Public land, ground blind, buck, first buck, and bow! That is a huge win!!! Congrats!

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the ground blind, it was just a hub style pop up that I put back in a cedar tree line and brushed it in a little to break up the outline. Thanks guys, i cant wait for this next season!
                      Last edited by firemedic731; 05-18-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Good job!!!!!! Big Congrats, what what public land you shoot him at?

Comment

I shot him on the Caddo National Grasslands Bois De Arc

Comment

[QUOTE=firemedic731;14887389]I shot him on the Caddo National Grasslands Bois De Arc[/QUOTE

Outstanding. That’s some tough hunting.

Comment

Nice write up ane picks. Congrats.

Comment

congrats and nice write up.

Comment

Working...
                                X