• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
    Wow...240 impressive

Man it takes a lot to get to 240...

Wonder if he was ever a spike?
    I dont think he was ever a spike. 240 was a pretty good guess since his sheds scored close to 230.

Comment

Pics?”

Comment

Cool thread! Not WT but I’ve seen Muleys over 200”

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          Pics?”
          Hard to come by on deer like this. For good reason. Smart fellas.

Comment

Speaking of Tommy P. , anyone remember his bow shop in Lufkin back in the '80s ?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              Sheds

Comment

I understand. Heard this before. It is what it is. Maybe there’s a pic of the sheds.

Comment

I saw a 170+ and a 189 come off a wma in AR last year. Dude camped next to us killed the 189. I’ve also seen a handful of 150+ on public land, just haven’t connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have hunted multiple different public lands, I know all of the public places I have hunted, have some big deer. There is one place I have seen multiple nice bucks, well within range, just had problems on my end every time. I used to regularly see nice bucks, I saw multiple bucks that would score anywhere from 140 to 160 range for sure, maybe as large as 180 but it's been a long time.

There is another place I have hunted, probably never will again, that has some big bucks. But I really never had a shot at the big bucks there, seen them, but never really had a shot at them. Basically I jumped one or two very nice bucks, when bow hunting. They jumped out of their beds from point blank and ran like hell.

Then then the last public land I hunted, I have not definitely seen any big bucks, but I think I did one time, but could not determine for sure. There are definitely some big old bucks on some of the public lands, many are very hard to hunt. Often, you don't really have much time to figure them out.

Comment

156 Daughtry

Comment

Smart for more reasons than just one

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
                          Speaking of Tommy P. , anyone remember his bow shop in Lufkin back in the '80s ?
                          Sure do - good guy. Purchased a PSE from him and actually put hands on one buck he shot that was huge. I didn't know anything about score back then but it was a super deer. Very heavy, long tines, wide - had it all. He had the rack in the shop for a few days and it was impressive!

Comment

the score and location has already been thrown out, why withhold the pics?

Comment

During the summer before the season started, I was checking one my spots on corp land back when I was in college, and a buck that had to be around 150-160" was bedded right beside the tree I used. It was kind of windy, and he didn't really hear me, but he heard something. He got up and looked my way through some briars at 25 yards, and slowly walked off. Biggest deer I've ever seen in this particular area. Not known for big deer.

Comment

Seen numerous bucks out west and in Texas that would definitely make the books. Actually almost all of the biggest bucks/bulls I've seen live were on public land. Actually saw the biggest mule deer I'll ever possibly see in my lifetime just this year. Just couldn't close the deal on him with my bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X