Clear All

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
    Message from the refuge biologist.
    Here is what was harvested last week:
    Bucks - 12
    Does - 7
    Turkey - 1
    Hogs - 1

Man, they must have shot them in areas nowhere near mine. I heard 1 shot the whole time.

Comment

I could use a couple birds in the freezer...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am gonna bring a few items out of my spring turkey kit. If anyone finds where they are roosting it should be easy to put one down. I am ready to get on the road. Got most my stuff packed. I guess I will have to go set up my camp early that morning and leave the beer cooler there since it is federal land.

Comment

Might Help

Wonder if I should grab one of these for the weekend for Luck?
          Attached Files

Comment

Do it! Has to be fate right there

Comment

Good luck on your hunt. Keep us posted

Comment

At check in now. Looks like every hunter has shown up, pretty packed in the orientation area. Hopefully we will be out of here and in the field soon.

Comment

Best of luck! I hunt there next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting back into unit 7 is rough on the truck. Came in through the middle, going to leave around the outside and see if it is any better.
                    Other than that it is very peaceful, I am up high glassing, hoping to find some movement to set up on tomorrow.

Comment

I’ll be in 8 next week. 7 is interior to 8, right? Looks to be pretty thick from what I’ve viewed on HuntStand. I’m planning on using my entire scouting day next Thursday. We’ll see. Goodluck and please report back. The threads on this area from the last several years have been pretty low on info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Set up and hunting out of 7H. Good luck all!

Comment

I am at 7D, and it is over run with pigs. I may just call it a loss tomorrow on any venison and start knocking down swine.

Comment

Maybe this bottle of Balcones bourbon will bring the luck I need. And driving in 7 today, I took the middle path in, and the outside path out. For anyone hunting the back or west side, the outside path has a few bumpy parts, but I feel it was easier overall.

Comment

Nothing but a persistent honey bee on 7H

Comment

Heard a few shots this morning, but nothing near my area. There is an older tower blind in a hill that would provide great views, the wind just blew it over into a tree beside it and I can't get it back up by myself.
                                I am gonna hang out around the area until this afternoon and try to catch the pigs crossing by again and shoot one.

Comment

Working...
                                X