No announcement yet.

LRGV NWR - Teniente (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well got lucky today. Not sure if the pics are going to work.
    Attached Files

Comment

Was able to shoot A cow this morning. Got her quarter and started hauling her out. Second trip back in and I was stuffing another quarter into my bag, when I heard something coming down the trail. Got ready and had a few nilgai cross 50 yards in front of me. Took the first bull, lucky he only made it about 20 yards. Went and picked my buddy up and we hauled meat out for a few hrs. Was not great ideal to shot two in the same morning but we made it work.

Comment

WOW Congratulations on an awesome hunt!

Comment

Let me know if you want some help cutting them up

Comment

That is great

Comment

Well worth the work. Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                Was able to shoot A cow this morning. Got her quarter and started hauling her out. Second trip back in and I was stuffing another quarter into my bag, when I heard something coming down the trail. Got ready and had a few nilgai cross 50 yards in front of me. Took the first bull, lucky he only made it about 20 yards. Went and picked my buddy up and we hauled meat out for a few hrs. Was not great ideal to shot two in the same morning but we made it work.
                Thats awesome, we are 2 weeks away from our hunt! Did you see many other than the ones you got? Any intel would be much appreciated!

Comment

I know for sure two other bulls were shot. You just have to get luck and sit on the right trail. My buddy only saw a glimpse of 2 nilgai. Talked to some other guys that didn’t see any the whole hunt. Beside the ones I shot I think I saw 2 other but only for a second.

Comment

I know for sure two other bulls were shot. You just have to get luck and sit on the right trail. My buddy only saw a glimpse of 2 nilgai. Talked to some other guys that didn’t see any the whole hunt. Beside the ones I shot I think I saw 2 other and just glimpses of them running away. Almost impossible to get a shot on one of you jump them up.

Comment

I know for sure two other bulls were shot. You just have to get luck and sit on the right trail. My buddy only saw a glimpse of 2 nilgai. Talked to some other guys that didn’t see any the whole hunt. Beside the ones I shot I think I saw 2 other but only for a second.
                      Sounds tough, thanks for the info!

Comment

I know for sure two other bulls were shot. You just have to get luck and sit on the right trail. My buddy only saw a glimpse of 2 nilgai. Talked to some other guys that didn’t see any the whole hunt. Beside the ones I shot I think I saw 2 other and just glimpses of them running away. Almost impossible to get a shot on one of you jump them up.
                        What would you consider the average shot distance to be? We are still trying to decide on firearms to bring lol, too many choices but ive pretty well settled on a .375 H&H

Comment

Most shots in there will be under 100 yards. A lot of brush but some open areas

Comment

My dad shot a young bull on the morning of the 3rd day! It his first nilgai and our first successful refuge hunt! We had to do a lot of walking and scouting the first day to find some fresh sign but it worked out! Bull came out alone looking to refresh his pile and that’s where the shot presented itself! Special thanks to Yanta61 for lending us the game cart!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zapatahorn View Post
                              My dad shot a young bull on the morning of the 3rd day! It his first nilgai and our first successful refuge hunt! We had to do a lot of walking and scouting the first day to find some fresh sign but it worked out! Bull came out alone looking to refresh his pile and that’s where the shot presented itself! Special thanks to Yanta61 for lending us the game cart!
                              Was that on this last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
                                Was that on this last weekend?
                                Yes this past weekend 👍.

Comment

Working...
                                X