No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to Aquilla fish market tomorrow, hoping for a crappie morning.

Comment

Well Razorback, was there anything at the fish market?

Comment

No sir, struck out, it was crowded, at least at the west side (Old School?). Had what I think was a small bass on until he jumped- good thing as we are under a 6' separation, I didn't have to wipe us both down with hand/fin sanitizer.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          No sir, struck out, it was crowded, at least at the west side (Old School?). Had what I think was a small bass on until he jumped- good thing as we are under a 6' separation, I didn't have to wipe us both down with hand/fin sanitizer.

Is the cove to the right of the ramp facing the water full all the way to the back? I imagine so but before we drive down was wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would think so, the lake is @2'high and muddy. Water was clearer toward the island.

Comment

Hit up rock creek with the kiddos yesterday. Passed about 15 random people that said they didn’t catch a thing.

Didn’t trust em so we thought we’d hike to the end and check it out. They were right. Water was murky. Fished long enough to get a sunburn then jumped in the water. [emoji23][emoji13] Didn’t catch any fish that way either.

Comment

I though about hitting the Nolan, wasn't sure if the Nolan ramp was usable, and didn't want to make the trip up from Lakeside ramp, wasn't even sure if it was usable.

Comment

Crappie at aquilla have been successful.

Comment

Anyone have any reports for bass at Whitney?

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      Anyone have any reports for bass at Whitney?
                      You might send "Flex" a PM. He caught a few last week. It was his first time fishing the lake. He waz with a buddy.

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!

Comment

I sure hope all of you and your families are ok and healthy as for me and my family we are ok.

Comment

Thank you storm !

Good to hear yall are well. Good here, so far. My daughter is a BSN-RN Charge N, at Baylor/Scott/White in the medical dist in Ft. Worth. I pray she isn't exposed. Or takes it home to the grandboys/SnL. Rest of my family is holed up. My folks are doing fine, as is everyone else.

Comment

I was doing some turkey scouting this morning and saw some good ones but the grass is so dang tall they were hard to spot. Does the Corp ever mow a little in these areas?

Comment

Corp doesn't mow jack, nor cut, nor maintain the land that I have seen. Cows maybe, COE-no.

Comment

That’s a shame bc I wouldn’t even ride my horse on any of their equestrian trails bc of just overall lack of maintenance. The mesquite trees are so thick on the trails that your asking for a thorn.

Comment

Working...
                                X