Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't blame ya JD.

I didn't get anything done to tbe boat today. I'm also in the process of networking 2 more Helix 10 in with the one I've already have. And adding a new power supply up front for a future removable aluminum deck to be built.

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-01-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

You need to hurry up TG or you won't fish at all this year.

Comment

TG, how many times has that boat been out since the engine mounting GTG? What was that, 3-4 years ago?

Comment

Well, I jjst wanted to give yall folks a chance at some fish before I go and catchem all.

Comment

Ut-oh! Here comes the water...

Comment

Gully washer come-n down the Brazos!

Comment

We must have missed it Saturday. Water was about 4 degrees cooler than last weekend and visibility wasn't as bad as I expected. My high schoolers caught one short one and I caught three that went about 2 1/2 each. All on crawfish crank baits. 19 something was winning the hs tourney when we left.

I'm done until after tax season.

Comment

Hey what’s the rules on scouting for turkey at Whitney? It says that while walking to a stand you have to wear your orange but does that apply to off season scouting?

Comment

I would suggest calling the office and asking, and speaking with a ranger . You may get differing or unclear answers here.

Comment

Grandbury has been releasing water for some time now. But at 3 times the amount I prefer for fishing up river. They are releasing 1337 cfs at the moment.

W lake has slowly been making it's way back to normal. But is still 3.11 feet low at the moment.

A lake is 3" above normal. Perfect for shalla water crappie!

Comment

Ught-oh~! Big water coming down the Brazos for the W lake ! Grandbury currently releasing 11,055 cfs. And the W lake is 3.04 feet low at the moment.

A lake is .16 feet above normal. With a light release of 103 cfs.

Comment

After last night's gully washer, PK has opened up it's gates. And releasing 18,300cfs at the moment.

Of course Grandbury doesn't want to be left out. So it's releasing 17,890 cfs to try to keep up and maybe get just a tad ahead before the PK surge gets there.

This is gonna bring the W lake up some more. Being it's 2.07 feet low at the moment, and pending how much rain the upper Brazos basin gets tonight, will determine the outcome of the W lake's rise. But I would almost bet it's gonna be near normal or slightly above when it's all done. And then it will depend on next week's rain fall as to what all happens. I dont' expect the W lake to release any water of any significance any time soon. I do expect the upper end of the W lake/river area to be full of debris. So if you get on the water, please keep your eyes peeled.

A lake is .04 feet above normal. Go get them crappie folks!

Comment

W. lake will depend on what is coming down the Nolan, and it hasn't been as bad in years past. Currently 530.93 and rising- but you know it better than me. The Nolan at Blum is at 7.18, several feet above normal.

Here in Burleson, creeks are flooded, tired of the rain.

Comment

Fish are still biting and beer is still cold!!

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post

Fish are still biting and beer is still cold!!
                                I recognize that cooler. [emoji1]

Comment

Working...
                                X