No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when I thought I was get-n closer to be-n on the water, my lil car blows a radiator. So much for this weekend . Maybe I'll get to work on the boat again the second weekend in Feb, if something else don't stop me.

Comment

Does anyone do the spring turkey hunting?

Comment

I do.

Comment

I haven't in a while but I'm seriously thinking about it. Had a tom fly over my truck this morning. Thought I was gonna have turkey Tetrazzini.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
            I do.

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
            I haven't in a while but I'm seriously thinking about it. Had a tom fly over my truck this morning. Thought I was gonna have turkey Tetrazzini.

Cool deal. Its been a long time since I've gone turkey hunting but find it on my mind of late.

Comment

Whitney birds can be tricky

Comment

Mid 70s Sunday, thinking of either the Kimball area for crappie, or lower lake for whites (TG, sandbass).

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  Mid 70s Sunday, thinking of either the Kimball area for crappie, or lower lake for whites (TG, sandbass).
                  Rub it in!

Good luck to ya.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Dad and I are going to be doing some early scouting for deer next season with our bows in case we see any hogs. Last trip out I saw 3 hogs including a LARGE boar. We will be out 08 and 09Feb. Might be staying at Steele creek park or Mcown, haven’t decided yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Razorback, I hope your fish-n went better than my mechanic-n.

Comment

Only caught 4 TG, 2 large whites and one of the biggest crappie I've seen. Whites were full of eggs, all at the mouth on the Nolan.

Comment

Thanks for the update Razorback. There's a pic in the crappie thread of a couple fellers who put in with a guide at Kimball. They had a table full of crappie. Course they could have gone up or down river. And no tell-n how far.

Comment

I don't recognize them, there was a guide boat that came close to us with Livescope. We were jigging so wasn't as big of a deal, yet they seem to think they own the water.

Comment

Dang you guys left a whole lot of deer out there this year. I found about 20 in 3 hours and they are healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                                Dang you guys left a whole lot of deer out there this year. I found about 20 in 3 hours and they are healthy.
                                Good! Next year's crop.

Comment

Working...
                                X