Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Yep there’s always one ☝️
      Sent you a PM

Comment

Tensions are rising
        Attached Files

Comment

Those deer get around.. they were hanging out at Granger too

Comment

Granger deer are much bigger than these guys...

Time stamp on this one is correct, just pulled cards yesterday.
            I'll give everyone some dead deer pictures this weekend.

Comment

E-Postcard Archery North Unit

Was checked by Game Warden Sunday on my way back to truck. He was posted on gravel road watching me with binoculars and met me half way to truck. Super nice guy. Said he was having a hard time finding duck hunters to check so he wanted to see what I was doing in the woods.

We discussed the hunt and he asked questions about what I was doing as we had spoken on opening morning of Teal season on my way in and he had seen my truck every weekend since.

He checked my license and asked if I had my hunter education card. Told me to remind everyone hunting to have access to the Hunter Ed cert. They can look it up on their phone, but if his phone and your phone don't have good service and it cannot be pulled up, they will write you a ticket. He suggested, if you don't have a physical card, to save the PDF off of TPWD website onto your phone.

Great conversation and very professional. Stopped and talked with Biologist and 2 more GWs on my way out of area.

Opening day of early season Teal, there were 10 GW's checking guys. Now granted, there were also 50+ trucks of hunters onsite. Each day I have been there scouting, no less than 3 GW's were driving around watching and checking.

Items needed:
              ID
              Hunting License
              Archery endorsement
              APH permit
              E-Postcard selection (I'm not too sure about this one)
              Hunter Ed Cert

Comment

Best of luck to you S.T.B.

Rwc

Comment

OKAY, got a question for anyone that has done this hunt recently.
                  Is an APH Permit required for the drawn hunt at the South Unit?
                  I know that permit is required for the EPostcard hunt at the North Unit, this year. But I called someone here at the RC Office, this afternoon and was told that I must have that APH Permit. I am gonna be hunting the SOUTH Unit for the 3 day hunt beginning October 21st. The hunt brochure that can be downloaded, at the application process, mentions nothing about an APH permit being required.
                  I called TPWD in Austin and explained to that person which hunt I was drawn for, and when I would be hunting, and she stated that the APH permit is not required, for this hunt.
                  I just don't want to get down there and be "surprised". Also, as I do not typically use public hunting properties (in general), I see no need to buy an APH permit, unless it is going to be required.

Comment

Page XVi of the Public Hunting Book

I'd say buy it. Good insurance.
                    Attached Files

Comment

GW just making sure you wasn't hunting in his area out there.

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
                        OKAY, got a question for anyone that has done this hunt recently.
                        Is an APH Permit required for the drawn hunt at the South Unit?
                        I know that permit is required for the EPostcard hunt at the North Unit, this year. But I called someone here at the RC Office, this afternoon and was told that I must have that APH Permit. I am gonna be hunting the SOUTH Unit for the 3 day hunt beginning October 21st. The hunt brochure that can be downloaded, at the application process, mentions nothing about an APH permit being required.
                        I called TPWD in Austin and explained to that person which hunt I was drawn for, and when I would be hunting, and she stated that the APH permit is not required, for this hunt.
                        I just don't want to get down there and be "surprised". Also, as I do not typically use public hunting properties (in general), I see no need to buy an APH permit, unless it is going to be required.
                        If you paid an application fee in the normal draw, not e postcard, then no you don’t need the aph permit.

Comment

E-Post card hunt is a public hunt which requires the Annual Public Hunting Permit-$48

Getting Drawn for a Special Permit does not require an APH permit but obviously you have to pay the $130 permit fee or however much for your permit.

Comment

NO you don’t need it for south zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                              GW just making sure you wasn't hunting in his area out there.
                              Lol, For sure I was out there the year the GW killed that decent buck. Not sure if he was a local GW or not but it was a decent deer. I’ll be out there Oct 26-27 in the South unit with my son on a youth hunt. I’m excited for him.

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I got a call back from the R.C. Unit, while ago, and he confirmed that the APH permit IS NOT required for this hunt.

Again, thanks y'all!

Comment

Working...
                                X