Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Draw Hunt Result For The Chap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squiggy, it was nice meeting you too. I only saw 2 deer in my compartment as well. A doe and a very small buck. I did also see 3 javelina, 1 hog and 1 coyote but all well out of range...

Putting my daughter in next year for rifle so maybe she'll get lucky and draw the YGDE when the rut is in full force!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      You got camp set up yet?
      Good luck this week.
      Yes sir, we are the first camp as you come in the gate to the right. You are still welcome to join us. Check out charrell71's thread in ATCF.

Comment

Any luck today?

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
          Any luck today?
          No, the cooler remains empty today. I had a small 9 nearly crawl in my hip pocket. Charrell71 and I were getting gear out of his truck when the buck stepped out behind me at 25yrds. He stood there for a bit facing the opposite direction, lip curling. He then did a 180 and started walking right at me. I am standing there in a pair of blue jeans and a mustard yellow sweatshirt and this silly buck walked up within 5 yards of me. He eased around the truck, walked over to a nearby prickly pear and helped himself to a couple of the fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            No, the cooler remains empty today. I had a small 9 nearly crawl in my hip pocket. Charrell71 and I were getting gear out of his truck when the buck stepped out behind me at 25yrds. He stood there for a bit facing the opposite direction, lip curling. He then did a 180 and started walking right at me. I am standing there in a pair of blue jeans and a mustard yellow sweatshirt and this silly buck walked up within 5 yards of me. He eased around the truck, walked over to a nearby prickly pear and helped himself to a couple of the fruit.

Probably the same one I saw last week in the pasture just north of you.
            He walked out just after I got out of blind after morning hunt.
            I walked him for about a minute. I’m not sure how to upload videos on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
              Cool encounter, at least

Comment

Anything?

Comment

Working...
                X