Clear All

Originally posted by doug View Post
    Oh man that looks good!
    Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Why would you??? Looks great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its just Mrs Q and I and theres plenty leftovers..[emoji16]

It was mighty good!

Tried something different with seasoning..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Quackerbox; 09-14-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

That Looks Good.
      I did forget about the long wait time while the gators are being skinned. We always dropped them off and went in and ate something.

Comment

They skin em for y'all? Or you pay somebody to do it?? Sauce picaunt was my favorite gator recipe. Even the Aggie would chow down with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          They skin em for y'all? Or you pay somebody to do it?? Sauce picaunt was my favorite gator recipe. Even the Aggie would chow down with me.

Skinning was on the hunter.

There's a fella across the bayou that skins 10 bucks a foot. Only problem is, hes got no help and no cold storage. We dropped our gators at 9am and one of ours didnt hit the table till 3p.

And that's after the fella in front of us helped do his own. After watching one I did the same on our 8 footer and it went faster. We left port Arthur at 4 and ended up doing the small one at home.

A 6 foot gator will fit whole in a 94 quart cooler. Its not overly hard with 2 people and next time I'll do my own

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had no problem getting into easy shooting range with my bow just using a trolling motor. I've heard about the popping cork or topwaters with no hooks to bring them to you, but I've never tried them. One of the fellas working there said the squealing pig call will bring them running since the pig population there has exploded and they're used to eating them.

Comment

Makes me wonder if a hunk of hog meat or skin/fur might work well for bait.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Makes me wonder if a hunk of hog meat or skin/fur might work well for bait.
                I believe they require bait to not have fur or feathers still attached. At least the did in the past. I never did ask why.

Comment

For anyone headed to Murphree tomorrow Good Luck

Comment

I am hoping to get that hunt, someday soon.
                    Congrats, Y'all

Comment

Well we had to battle the tropical storm but was still able to tag out yesterday.

We ended up being first off the water so Im not sure how the rest of the hunters did with the bulk of the storm pushing in right as we got our gator on the boat, hope they all got one though.

official tape: 9' 1" -- 205lbs

**got home and had to pull my laborers out school to help with the break down**
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by straightGrizzly; 09-19-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

That's awesome and even better with the kids getting to leave school to help, best memories ever.

Comment

Just park that in the front yard. Makes a great conversation piece. Add a speaker and let it bellow once in a while and I think it will be great for halloween. Keeps the dogs away as well

Nice Gator.

Comment

Very nice gator. Congrats

Comment

Sound like a lot of fun and good eats. Never tried anything like this but you folks got my attention. Thanks for sharing.
                              And a kayak? I can not imagine retrieving a big gator. I have used Kayaks for many things and to my thoughts a very big Yak might work with some difficult effort. Enough hard headed effort can accomplish a lot so go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                                Sound like a lot of fun and good eats. Never tried anything like this but you folks got my attention. Thanks for sharing.
                                And a kayak? I can not imagine retrieving a big gator. I have used Kayaks for many things and to my thoughts a very big Yak might work with some difficult effort. Enough hard headed effort can accomplish a lot so go for it.
                                I drove down there with every intention of using my kayak but ended up meeting a fellow aggie that had a buddy back out of the hunt and let me tag along on his boat. After getting this thing killed I realized if I had been in a kayak I would have had to call the WMA office for help. I maybe could have done it but with that storm pushing in on top of it all that would be just asking for trouble! Thank God for the aggie community!

Comment

Working...
                                X