Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official 2019-2020 benbrook corp thread

Originally posted by Take em View Post

It’s meat for the Table. Not many legal bucks, but had plenty of culls that need to go, but can’t. I hope someone gets some nice deer.

Had some guy walking the wood hunting and not with the required Orange vest and hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Milk still dripping from those teets??

Comment

We hunted hard during #3 and came up empty. Got a lot of deer on camera and a few most days but not in range. The last light of the last night we had a shot but just out of range for that time of the evening. Weather was all over the place but way too hot most of the time. Good luck.

Comment

I’m hoping to get out Wednesday morning, wind is wrong for my setup until then.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          Nice. Milk still dripping from those teets??

Yes she still had milk on her.

Comment

Congrats on the doe Take-em.

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
              Yes she still had milk on her.

Good job on the doe. I took two out there last year. They are smart ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                No more Rocky Creek. No more Mustang Park. No more Plover's Point (except ducking in a boat). No more behind St. France's Village (except ducking in a boat). Eventually, Richardson will be gone too, due to all the housing development. And they've squeezed down Whiskey Flats by 1/3. No more hunting on the side of the river for ducks.

Sandbill, I bet I've spoke with you while waiting in line on Fridays for permits out there. There was one year, maybe '87, that I got a permit every week that year except for two weeks. I was out there at least 5 days every week that year. J. Sawyer, M. Anderson, J. Ferrah, and I would nearly always be in line by 1:30 or so to make sure we got one . We mostly duck, dove, and chased the quail. There were great quail numbers back then! First two weeks of dove were a blast too!~
                Those sure sound like the good ol' days of Benbrook hunting, Texas Grown! I somehow didn't start hunting out there until this new and unimproved modern system was put into place.

Have you swung by there lately? There's literally 2-3 brand new subdivisions encroaching upon the Richardson area, that didn't even exist this time last year! It's sure not out in the country anymore.

Comment

Well, hunted hard for my period and came up empty. Lots of activity but lots of small bucks that know they’re safe. Best of luck to the rest of the folks as those deer are smart.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                    Those sure sound like the good ol' days of Benbrook hunting, Texas Grown! I somehow didn't start hunting out there until this new and unimproved modern system was put into place.

Have you swung by there lately? There's literally 2-3 brand new subdivisions encroaching upon the Richardson area, that didn't even exist this time last year! It's sure not out in the country anymore.

Yes, I go by the lake regularly. And travel 1187 all the time. All that prairie land being destroyed by housing developments, on both sides of the lake, in the name of the all mighty $$$ . Heck, Burleson ain't anything like it was when I moved here 31 years ago. I've watched lots of deer and turkey get pushed out of existence here in Burleson, Crowley, at Benbrook, and all over the place, that a lot of people never knew existed in areas.

Comment

I hunted #3, came home with two bloody arrows and one spike buck. Spent two days tracking the first only to come up empty after a very light and spotty blood trail over 600 yatds long. It happens, but disappointed about not finding him. He would have surpassed my PB for the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                        I hunted #3, came home with two bloody arrows and one spike buck. Spent two days tracking the first only to come up empty after a very light and spotty blood trail over 600 yatds long. It happens, but disappointed about not finding him. He would have surpassed my PB for the lake.

Which unit did you hunt? We had a spike buck on camera that I was hunting that disappeared and also some other nice deer and wondering if you’re in the same area.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                          Which unit did you hunt? We had a spike buck on camera that I was hunting that disappeared and also some other nice deer and wondering if you’re in the same area.

The deer i shot was a nubbin with 1" fuzzy knobs...not a true hard antler.

Comment

Seems about what we had seen that disappeared. Did you happen to shoot him on the southern unit?

Comment

Official 2019-2020 benbrook corp thread

My 9yr old son got selected from TYHP. Hes hunted with me but never taken anything himself and he’s super excited about this hunt. I hope he gets the chance to harvest something. Our hunt date is 12/6 and any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by piercebronkite; 11-11-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                                My 9yr old son got selected from TYHP. Hes hunted with me but never taken anything himself and he’s super excited about this hunt. I hope he gets the chance to harvest something. Our hunt date is 12/6 and any advice is appreciated.

The corp should place you and your son in the hunt area. I heard last year was an overwhelming success. Id expect the same this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X