Grapevine 2019-2020 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pervis View Post
    Got rained out last week on my days off. Il be up and at em early in the am tmrw.
    I went last Tuesday. It was pouring down rain and chili. Decided to brace the weather and go. Right off the bat I saw hogs and tried to get within bow range. Wasn’t able to. Went ahead and set up my pop up to catch the last hour of daylight. Right before I got set up a doe almost ran me over. Never saw anything behind her. Got set up and within 15 minutes had a doe coming toward me but turned before she got close enough for a shot. So-2 does and some hogs. Not bad for a rainy day of hunting.

Comment

We re using a climber and a ghost blind. We could of easily shot the hogs, im not chasing one at night on public i dont have alot of experience on. Ive gotten lost b4 on public chasing a shot hog. Lesson learned. I carry my gps and multiple flash lights.

Comment

Oh, I didn't think there was anybody hunting the Vine this year. This thread has been dead...

Please kill a big'n and post pics so we can all live vicariously through you! Good luck! There's some slammers out there for sure!

Comment

Been seeing good deer at Grapevine this year. Was successful last Tuesday during the rain storm on a doe. Took me right at 2 hours to get her out of the woods in the dark and pouring rain. Creek levels had gone up some since the rain started and the doe and I got a little wet getting across the creek. Grapevine is so dang thick in areas. Found one mature 9pt core area have some a good photo of him and an awesome encounter Monday where he came in on the wrong side of my tree
          Attached Files

Comment

Ive got pictures of some i bumped up, but i refuse to post em on here. If i do put one down, il post a pic.

Comment

Trying to upload hog pic..im terrible at this..
              Attached Files

Comment

There’s no deer at grapevine.

Well, sort of... either way, for every pic you post, your odds of someone else shooting it and the draw numbers go up just a tad.

It’s public land and anything can happen but it tends to be that the average guy doesn’t want to put in the work to actually try to kill a deer out there. Post at your own risk.

Anyone else make the redraw?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                  There’s no deer at grapevine.

Well, sort of... either way, for every pic you post, your odds of someone else shooting it and the draw numbers go up just a tad.

It’s public land and anything can happen but it tends to be that the average guy doesn’t want to put in the work to actually try to kill a deer out there. Post at your own risk.

Anyone else make the redraw?

You haven't heard??!. TPWD transferred all deer on LBJ to Grapevine this last summer. There are no deer on LBJ but loads on Grapevine.

Comment

One day I'll get drawn. One day I'll understand why pics of deer from hard to draw public areas are posted on public forums. Wonder which of those days will happen first?

Comment

Anyone have access to a tracking dog for tonight?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a pointer I’ve been working but she hasn’t been able to get on a real trail yet but I’m hoping it will happen soon if I get one out there

Comment

Anyone have any luck this weekend? Probably not with the rut being over. Would love to see pics if so. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Il be out there in the am.

Comment

Originally posted by allenshawn1 View Post
                              Anyone have any luck this weekend? Probably not with the rut being over. Would love to see pics if so. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                              Rut is over out there? I remember it going until next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                                Rut is over out there? I remember it going until next week.
                                Its going

Comment

Working...
                                X