Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
    What about post oak? Is that good for bow season
    They're a white oak, which drop early with the water oaks and pin oaks. If you find any producing this year, then yeah it'll have deer by it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
      They're a white oak, which drop early with the water oaks and pin oaks. If you find any producing this year, then yeah it'll have deer by it.

Thanks! this is my second year trying SHNF - I spent last winter (hunting) and summer (scouting) only to find out that the Forest Services is now doing some work in the area that I've been scouting - I have to change it up during bow season (I've still been seeing some deer but not nearly as many ) - kinda sucks to have this happen now since I have a limited time to hunt due to school and work.

Comment

In my scouting I found an area that had been plowed by a tractor. Why would the forest service do that? Curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
          In my scouting I found an area that had been plowed by a tractor. Why would the forest service do that? Curious

I hear ya! I was able to last Monday off from work - arrived at the trailhead at 5:30am no one there and set out to an area on my mt. bike where my trail camera picked up plenty of Does and a couple of Bucks (I'm not a trophy hunter so any legal deer will suit me just fine) - only to hear the roars of chainsaws and backhoes at around 9:30am. I went to the main office and ask what the deal is - they said they're creating new horse trails and clearing some brush. I was thinking why the heck they're do this during the hunting seasons...

Comment

No problem, that half was kinda open ended to all the guys in here. So if Tod, Brad, Bryant or anyone else in the group that talked about lunch this weekend, that works.

Robert, i will and I thank Hotrod will be there for lunch this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
              Robert, i will and I thank Hotrod will be there for lunch this Saturday.
              Still gonna be at the place y'all went to last weekend or the pizza place? Can't remember the names of either at the moment, face has been buried in accounting books.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post

Normally a plowed area in the forest is a fire break.

Comment

Still gonna be at the place y'all went to last weekend or the pizza place? Can't remember the names of either at the moment, face has been buried in accounting books.

Yes, The Fish Pond.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

If you guys have found any White Oaks or Post Oaks producing, I would be highly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                      Yes, The Fish Pond.

Roger that. You in a tree this morning, Tod?

Comment

That would make two of us Tod.

Comment

Roger that. You in a tree this morning, Tod?

Yes sir, and it sure is a a beautiful spot! Just hope it pays off.

Comment

Yes sir, and it sure is a a beautiful spot! Just hope it pays off.

Good luck, glad to hear you're feeling well enough to sit in a tree.

Comment

Has anybody seen any deer movement? I hunted opening day with no deer sightings, just one pig that came by out of range. I did a sit yesterday evening and had a couple of does come out during the last few minutes of shooting light but it was to dark to shoot by the time they came into range.

Comment

If you guys have found any White Oaks or Post Oaks producing, I would be highly surprised.

Do yall know when the white oaks typically start to drop acorns? I’m also curious about the black oaks I found an area with some mature black oaks with good sign but couldn’t see any acorns. Thx

Comment

Working...
                                X