Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
    Congrats! What cal/type of rifle?
    Savage MSR-10 in .308. The gun did its job, I was just super nervous and kept pounding him until I was sure he was dead. The gun shoots great though. With SMK's I can easily do a .75 group at 100.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Laguna 12/13-15

Here is my brother and I’s Bull Nilgai from Laguna last Sunday.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
          I didn't know nilgai had 8 legs

Congrats to your brother.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                I didn't know nilgai had 8 legs

Congrats to your brother.
                Bull Nilgais then. I don’t know the proper plural way to say multiple Nilgai. Either way we killed 2 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
                  Great work man!

Comment

I was also out there with several of you on Dec. 13-14. Apparently that opening day of the second firearm season (Dec 13) killed about the same number of animals (deer and nilgai combined) as the entire first season (Dec. 6-8). I was in unit 3 and managed to get a nilgai bull and 9 pt buck (neither of which were fully mature). After being in unit 3 for about 2.5 days of scouting and hunting I didn't see nearly as many nilgai as I did back in early Dec. 2017 for an archery hunt. Probably 1/3rd the total numbers. Most of the nilgai (and deer) were harvested in unit 8 and it is amazing to see that unit continue to produce so many animals season after season. Like txoutdoorsman24 said, there is more moisture out there on the refuge this year with water scattered all over in the different wetlands. Definitely made it harder to navigate while keeping your boots dry. For those of you biking, if you stick to the hard gravel road you should be good with most any tire. If you bike on those unimproved dirt/grass roads they are full of thorns and I even had two flats with those slime tires (when changing the first I saw 3 big thorns sticking through tire). I would switch to tubeless tires if I draw another tag in the future. Definitely a quality hunting experience with only 30 rifle hunters covering a huge area. I never saw another hunter other than while biking along the main gravel roads. Got to see javelina, a bobcat, lots of cool birds/waterfowl, and a big rattlesnake. I thought the employees from the refuge, volunteers, TX Animal Health Commission employees, and game wardens all did an excellent job organizing the hunt.

Comment

My brother and I got it done today. 2 bulls about 1000 yards apart. Took all day to pack out but all well worth it. Blessed!

Comment

Congrats to you both. But ***. No kill pics lol

Comment

That’s the only one I have on my phone.

Comment

Heck yea. That’s a great bull!!!

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment