No announcement yet.

Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got out there today after orientation, had 3 different spots kinda picked out but they all had hunters all over them. Took off on the bike to another spot that didnt seem too promising an ended up finding a spot where several heavily used trails come together with fresh deer and nilgai sign. Good luck out there tomorrow every one!

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
      Good stuff. Some of those shots look like horseshoe island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll never tell! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Good luck this morning guys!

Those new speed bumps on Buena Vista freaking suck.

Comment

Interesting discussion about how much water you'll need. Obviously it is weather dependent to some degree, but on this hunt we are allowed to bring in a stand or chair and a cart on scouting day and leave it in for the whole hunt. So I found what I thought was an excellent hiding place, rolled in my cart with my chair on it on scouting day, and left them hidden in place the whole time. (I did not see one single other hunter in four solid days of sitting in my seat.) I walked in and out each day, no bike. And what else was on my cart on scouting day? A lot of bottles of water and sports/energy drinks for the duration of the hunt, enough for about 3/4 gallon a day in total. I had some water left at the end and watered the cactus with it rather than bring it home, to lighten the cart (which was sadly never needed to wheel out a nilgai carcass). It was an amazing hunt for me, my first at LANWR; I saw out-of-range nilgai and passed on a couple of very small in-range whitetails as they were not what I was there for. Hope to draw this tag again!

Comment

South Texas Slam baby! Mosquito, tree ant, bumble bee and a nat! They coming at every angle this morning. Sun is shining and can feel the heat already. Good luck everyone

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
              South Texas Slam baby! Mosquito, tree ant, bumble bee and a nat! They coming at every angle this morning. Sun is shining and can feel the heat already. Good luck everyone
              I’ve had some trophy sized cotton tails walk through my set up.

It is definitely warming up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                I’ve had some trophy sized cotton tails walk through my set up.

It is definitely warming up.
                Nice breeze thank God. Gonna sit until 1030 and then call it a morning.

Comment

Good luck out there guys!

Comment

Not what I wanted to see...

Comment

Originally posted by gburk View Post
                      Them guys will be in trouble then!

good luck and post pictures!

Gburk, sent you a PM...

Comment

ooh my first PM. turns out I don't have enough posts to respond directly, will check on it a bit later this weekend, headed out to a HS football game now.

Comment

Finally in stand today. Bugs are fierce.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got out. Only 1 pig on the board for the whole day so far.

Comment

I saw a nice kitty with a radio collar and one doe this evening.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw 3 doe and a nice rattler.

Comment

Working...
                                X