No announcement yet.

Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have been a nice on. I’m sure someone was heartbroken about this guy many years ago...

Comment

Comment

Fever tick?

Comment

I keep checking in for a recovery

Comment

Didn’t find him. Blood for 2-300 yards then lost it in the grass. The quest continues. Going home empty handed again!

Comment

Dang man, sorry to hear that Slice & Dice! I was pulling for you.

Spent some time up in 5 checking that out but it was a Very Slow evening for me. Then saw two Nilgai 280 yards away with 10 minutes of legal shooting light. I gave chase but couldn’t turn them up. Just shy of 10 miles again today. That’s a hair short of 32 now in 3 days. Mosquitoes were back out in full force, but so were the lightening bugs which almost made up for it.

Tomorrow is my last day. I’m going to give it Hell one more time and then boogie back to Houston tomorrow night. But I’m back again Dec 6th for the rifle hunt and I can’t hardly wait.

Good luck to everyone in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                Fever tick?

Looks like a wart

Comment

Comment

I'm glad everyone is having a good time. I certainly am not. All I've seen during this hunt is a nilgai cow running 600yds away, and my bike pedal broke and is now out of commission. I'm gonna have to change my strategy. Hopefully it pays off. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                      I'm glad everyone is having a good time. I certainly am not. All I've seen during this hunt is a nilgai cow running 600yds away, and my bike pedal broke and is now out of commission. I'm gonna have to change my strategy. Hopefully it pays off. Good luck to everyone.
                      PM sent

Comment

Well, I just glassed up a cow & calf. Trying to decide what to do. 1000 yards from me, but I’d have to make a 4.2 mile loop to get to them.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                          Well, I just glassed up a cow & calf. Trying to decide what to do. 1000 yards from me, but I’d have to make a 4.2 mile loop to get to them.

Which tripod/head is that?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

You’re welcome to use one of our bikes if the Nilgai happen to be on high ground - you probably saw them on the way in just off the trail

Comment

Originally posted by jronning77 View Post
                              Which tripod/head is that?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

That is a granite peak tripod. 6oz(I think) great for binos or a small spotter whe weight is a big factor or if you won’t be doing a ton of glassing.

Comment

Well, crap. I was trying to slip in here to get set up on the spot where that cow & calf were feeding this morning and I just busted out the calf at 8 yards. 8 yards!!!

Never saw it till it jumped. It was bedded in this little stand of mesquite that I was planning to use for a blind/shade while I waited for them to come back to feed.

I did not see or hear mama so she must still be somewhere close by (????).

[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Comment

Working...
                                X