Clear All

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
    Great way to get on the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yessir Thanks.
    Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
    A team has a great system for there

Yea we def did. A TEAM is the way to conquer Laguna and places similar. I’ve been twice on my own and was not successful and now I know why. Solo is a no no. Came close but didn’t seal the deal. We all pitched in any way possible before and after the kills, put miles one the wheels and legs each day and played every card in the deck to be successful. It’s still tough as hell but success feels obtainable when you know you have support behind you. Just wish all 5 of us could’ve got it done but 3 outa 5 ain’t too bad.

Comment

That's right, partner! You must have the right people on this hunt! It is a must! 2 newbies, me, my father and TXOUTDOORSMAN all stayed together and had the most memorable time together. Ir was so fun and hilarious. The jive you get from like minded hunters all in the same household working towards a common goal of success is a true brotherhood.

Until next time!

Like we said all week, our new found quote from one of the newbies...

"Get out the ride if you scared!"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
        That's right, partner! You must have the right people on this hunt! It is a must!

What are the odds that you have been successful 3 times in a row? Might I add not only successful but also some quality bucks. Lucky? I highly doubt it.

In any event congrats to all the hunters that put a harvest in.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
          What are the odds that you have been successful 3 times in a row? Might I add not only successful but also some quality bucks. Lucky? I highly doubt it.

There’s no one else on this planet as lucky as GBludau!!! .

But seriously, there is some luck involved but he puts in some major effort. Way more than most guys I’ve met down there. We all did this hunt and it shows.

Comment

Bludau is at its best when he's attracting bucks! [emoji1]

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              What a day! And what a way to end it.

3rd trip to LANWR and finally putting my name on the board!!!!!!!

Great lookin' buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post

Thanks! I don't know the exact odds. I figure usually the general public less than 10% success rate for any archery harvest, right now the success rate is 13% if there were 160 hunters, about 2.5% success rate for a mature buck or nilgai as per the latest chalkboard.

If you're asking what are the odds for me to be successful, I will tell you 99%. I've only left one public hunt without success, Nannie. No hunter killed a deer that hunt, and I did not really try, I was already whooped after 3 successful archery hunts and was saving my fuel tank for the Chap right afterwards, scored there too. (I know that sounds arrogant.)

My first trip to Laguna in 2016 taught me a tremendous amount. The specific skills, tactics and knowledge I gained as a bow hunter from Laguna has made a huge impact on my other hunts. Sitting over a feeder in a blind isn't my thing, too easy. Boring! Laguna has my upmost desire because of the challenge and of course targeting nilgai. Having a good team makes so much difference and much more enjoyable. I'll admit luck is apart of hunting too, I'll take luck everyday! Consistently, taking mature and quality animals with a bow on public land, especially Laguna, is remarkable by my standards and thats where I set my bar so I give it my best and pull out all the stops.

Still 3/4 of the last day left to hunt...I'm hunting a bull we named Megatron. I put an A-Team member in my spot for his last sit, Megatron winded him at 40yds and he let one fly at 70yds and hit a limb. (Been there before, I missed Megatron at 30yds due to arrow deflection in 2017)

Oh and I killed a big boar last night at 11yds. I'll go find him later and get some pics of PUMBA! You can be a big pig too, OYE![emoji38]

Comment

Congrats to the A team. The downside of these draw hunts is that we get drawn for a spot we have no experience with and must learn quick if we want to be successful. Or get re-drawn. I put in for Laguna this year but wasn't drawn. I will put in for it each year from now on. I have other sites that I did draw and had success and I will continue to put in for those as well as do standby. We hunted Blacones last year and I didn't have a clue. Saw bucks the first evening but passed. Should have taken them. The landscape was all juniper / live oak. I've never figured out how to hunt that. Still, it was a challenge and fun. This is the best part for me right now. Hunting a new place and picking it apart to figure out how it works.

It sounds like yall are dialed in. Time to find another draw before you get too bored

Comment

What do y'all think he weighs?

Comment

SAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US

Congrats to all! Hoping to have the same success exactly 10 days from now

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                        What do y'all think he weighs?

That’s just a little guy. Not like the one you stuck at Granger...

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                          That’s just a little guy. Not like the one you stuck at Granger...

You're right, Granger pig was bigger. Dad thought this one weighed 250. I think more like 180-200

Comment

Day 5 around 3pm. Not sure if anything else was checked in. I saw no other hunters.

A Team did exceptional. Our other 2 partners had shots at deer, but not something they were looking to tag.

Good luck to the next round of hunters. I believe it will only get better!

Comment

Had a great first trip stuck a doe and a cow Nilgai! Hope I get drawn next year! I’d post pictures but I don’t know how...

Comment

Looks like another target rich year! Last year was a bust for me.

Good job everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X