Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
    I used to have a set that I drilled a hole through the base of the antlers and had them tied together with green 550 cord. They just looked them and didn't say anything.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about doing the same, so thanks for the info! Thinking I might just wrap them or use a rubber band to keep them quiet while I walk. One of the bow hunting mags I read online mentioned mostly rubbing the racks together instead of slamming them and said they had good success that way. Think I’ll give that method a try over trying to smack the rack like they do on tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
      First class mail. I posted a pic of shed antlers on the thread. Never found a matching pair before. They were old, green with algae, and chewed on by something. Nothing crazy. A good 8pt. Dropped them where they were, and carried on. They should still be in the same location unless someone else moved them. Got called by a puta, who sent me a citation for "Disturbing Natural artifacts".... $250. She said it was a written rule in the hunt regulations. I told her she was incorrect, and to read to me where it was written in the regulations as I had read those regulations multiple times and saved the document to my computer. As I waited I pulled up the saved filed and needless to say, she failed in her arguements.

Maybe I'll find them again. Heck, I bought them a couple years ago. They're mine now![emoji23]

Like I said, they'll come up with anything on the fly. If encountered, make sure you're good with permit and vehicle pass, you are not obligated to discuss your day with them. Bid them a good day and a good job![emoji106]

Not all are azzholes, just that puta and the tall one who thinks hes hot shyt. I thought I had lost my college ring when dragging out my second buck, the tall one was there when I realized it was not on my finger and I fretted. He asked what college it was from? I replied, SHSU. Which he said, "Oh thats no big deal". Then I asked him what college he graduated from, and he quickly STFU. [emoji1787]

Found my ring, I left it in my boat console, before cast netting bait the previous day.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Someone seriously took the time to see your shed pic posted in this thread and connect your username to your real name, find your address and send you a citation?

Comment

Im hunting this weekend. Still havent heard anything about orientation. Tried calling. Cant get ahold of anyone... anybody got any info?

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
          Someone seriously took the time to see your shed pic posted in this thread and connect your username to your real name, find your address and send you a citation?
          Yep, a puta petty warden seriously did that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
            I used to have a set that I drilled a hole through the base of the antlers and had them tied together with green 550 cord. They just looked them and didn't say anything.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
            Instead of paracord, use 1/4 in shock (bungee) cord. You can wrap it around them and stretch around a tine to keep them quiet while carrying.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=GBludau;14453344]Yep, a puta petty warden seriously did that.

GBludau is totally correct! They will try and hammer you every which way - I got a couple of tickets just for getting lost and left 30 minutes after sunset (I called the refuge manager while out there and left a message letting them know we got lost).

Comment

So going through all my stuff getting ready for this weekend and realized when j printed out the packet they send you my “parking permit” that suppose to be displayed on the dash isn’t in that email? Does anyone have any info on this issue? I have tried calling the office probably 10 different times today, they won’t answer and all their voicemails are full.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk54 View Post
                  Im hunting this weekend. Still havent heard anything about orientation. Tried calling. Cant get ahold of anyone... anybody got any info?
                  It’s at the Hunter Check Station.

Comment

I’ll be there for the meeting Thursday. How’s the weather, locals? The forecast looks like a very sloppy hunt!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoswayTyler View Post
                      So going through all my stuff getting ready for this weekend and realized when j printed out the packet they send you my “parking permit” that suppose to be displayed on the dash isn’t in that email? Does anyone have any info on this issue? I have tried calling the office probably 10 different times today, they won’t answer and all their voicemails are full.
                      I asked yesterday. We will get the dashboard tag at the meeting if we didn’t get it in the email.

Comment

Dang yall must have seriously failed the attitude test lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          Dang yall must have seriously failed the attitude test lol
                          Haha!

On a side note - I hunt public land not only for the challenge but for financial reasons - it took me some time to recover from the fees and tickets I received last year from the Federal GW for getting lost (I had informed the refuge assistant manager that we were lost before we got tickets) - a little leeway would have been nice (we were only 30 mins after sunset). I really hope our administration de-funds some parts of the Laguna NWR (I mean some species like the feral cat Ocelot need to go ... read up on Chris Packham and his thoughts on the Panda) - anyway I'm off my little soap box - looking forward to the hunt and hope everyone the best of luck!
                          Last edited by Romulan; 10-22-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodhound View Post
                            It’s at the Hunter Check Station.
                            9am on thursday?

Comment

Alright so what’s everyone have in their packs? I don’t plan on coming back in at all during hunting hours. I’m racking my brain trying to make sure I have everything I need or could want.
                              Knifes
                              Lights
                              Toilet paper
                              Food
                              Water, water and water
                              First aid
                              Extra socks
                              Wet weather gear
                              Game bags
                              Extra copies of all paper work
                              Lighter/chapstick necklace “army cold weather survival must”
                              Binos/range finder
                              Bug spray

What else?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk54 View Post
                                9am on thursday?
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X