2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
    Yep. Those harnesses that come with the stands aren't too comfortable. I relegate them to my young'uns since they complain about wearing them. If they ever quit complaining I'll get a better one. I made a lineman's belt out of static 11mm rope and an ascender.

Which stand did you decide on?
    I ended up buying the game winner hang on stand and game winner 2 piece climbing sticks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      No, there are no deer on the Hag.

Confused yet?

If I'm ever not confused we should alert the media.
      So the deer that aren't not on the Hag are also not on LBJ. Although some of the not deer not on the Hag could also not be on the not LBJ... Unless they aren't not.
      What?

Comment

I'm getting up camp and gonna chill out if anyone wants to come out and hang out!

Comment

For those who like to view trail cam pics. Here are a few from September. This cam was off all week last week (by mistake) so no recent activity. Most pics are middle of the night, so need to figure out where they're bedding for it to do me any good. But there are a few coming through not too far past sundown. I know this scrape gets hit during daylight in early/mid November, so maybe sit here closer to that time. Otherwise, got to find their bedding. Cool pics none the less.

Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to this cool front!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by troy_w_7; 10-06-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
            I ended up buying the game winner hang on stand and game winner 2 piece climbing sticks

Yeah I realized scouting the place that a stand really is crucial but that is a hassle for me because I won’t be hunting consecutive days a lot of the time so I bought a portable tripod stand with wheels at academy over the weekend lol, was only 150$, I didn’t hesitate to buy it as soon as I saw it, coolest thing I’ve seen in awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
              Yeah I realized scouting the place that a stand really is crucial but that is a hassle for me because I won’t be hunting consecutive days a lot of the time so I bought a portable tripod stand with wheels at academy over the weekend lol, was only 150$, I didn’t hesitate to buy it as soon as I saw it, coolest thing I’ve seen in awhile

I'm getting my camp set up and then gonna go hang my stand for tonight and tomorrow morning. I had ordered some stand straps but they didnt show up last night so I gotta come up with some way to carry it in

Comment

I'm getting my camp set up and then gonna go hang my stand for tonight and tomorrow morning. I had ordered some stand straps but they didnt show up last night so I gotta come up with some way to carry it in

I’ve been to a shell station that is about 10 minutes away that had stand straps last year when I was headed up to my Childress lease when I had it, haven’t been back since but they had all kinds of hunting accessories

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                  I’ve been to a shell station that is about 10 minutes away that had stand straps last year when I was headed up to my Childress lease when I had it, haven’t been back since but they had all kinds of hunting accessories

The shell of 730? Or where at?

Comment

I'm getting up camp and gonna chill out if anyone wants to come out and hang out!

Luck to you, sir. I have not been there in 15 + years, it is good hunting, and just a neat place to camp.

Many moons ago (circa 1980, I am old) in the Boy Scouts, we used to clean that place up. Our camping trips were cleanup trips (what we called them). Longhorn Council Troop 512(I think, I am old) out of Arlington.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
                      Luck to you, sir. I have not been there in 15 + years, it is good hunting, and just a neat place to camp.

Many moons ago (circa 1980, I am old) in the Boy Scouts, we used to clean that place up. Our camping trips were cleanup trips (what we called them). Longhorn Council Troop 512(I think, I am old) out of Arlington.
                      I love LBJ. Before this year, I used to frequent camp out here. It's close to home and a beautiful area. I lost touch with my camping side about a year and a half ago or so whe I started riding dirtbikes more [emoji1787]. I need to get back to it but I gotta start fresh, sold all my high end gear to fund the dirtbike stuff and then my girlfriend totalled my rig, so back to square one [emoji6]

Comment

I love LBJ. Before this year, I used to frequent camp out here. It's close to home and a beautiful area. I lost touch with my camping side about a year and a half ago or so whe I started riding dirtbikes more [emoji1787]. I need to get back to it but I gotta start fresh, sold all my high end gear to fund the dirtbike stuff and then my girlfriend totalled my rig, so back to square one [emoji6]

A woman can "wreck" a man's life, and make him do things that he wouldn't otherwise do.

Comment

Pretty solid weekend! Walked one unit yesterday morning, didnt see much but some cattle. Went and set up my camp for last night and got my tree stand and pack ready, headed into the forest considerably early so I could take my time getting to spot, finally found a good tree and took forever setting up my stand ( first time problems ). Finally got in the stand and about an hour into it, had some movement, thought it was more cows because they were rather loud. Ended up being some hogs but they were just out of sight. When I did get visual it was too thick and they were too far anyways. About an hour after they moved through I watched a hawk chase a squirrel around a tree! I was rooting for the hawk [emoji1787]. Didnt see anything else after that. Went back to that same spot this morning in hope's that the cold front got them moving around and didnt see anything. I got down out of my stand and on the way back out to the truck I ended up spooking a lone doe. Although I didnt get to shoot anything. I'd say that it was a good weekend! The new unit I was hunting seems to be pretty promising [emoji41]

Comment

Cool. Glad you were able to get out there. Yep, that's a cagey old doe that gets spooked just out of shooting range. If you do get a chance at her I wouldn't take it. The last guy that tried got hooved into the ground for about 15 minutes. You'll only make her mad.

Good luck on future hunts.

Comment

You got out and had game in the area, I’d say it’s a win

Comment

My cousin hunted the grasslands this morning and told me he saw 6 bucks but all were too small to shoot. He was unable to coax the doe in for a shot

Comment

Working...
                                X