2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    Is there camping sites? Or can you camp kinda anywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are certain areas that are camp.only which is what I'll probably be looking for, but you can also camp just inside the gates of the hunting units.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
      There are certain areas that are camp.only which is what I'll probably be looking for, but you can also camp just inside the gates of the hunting units.

I saw what looked like previous camp sites in unit 6

Comment

I saw what looked like previous camp sites in unit 6

I havent been to that spot. Most my camp spots are near tarda point and then out on the north side of alvord

Comment

I havent been to that spot. Most my camp spots are near tarda point and then out on the north side of alvord

I hunted around that area today, and I did see some epic camping spots that neighbor a mountain side view , beautiful hill country no doubt, I only saw but two deer but I mainly was scouting the place a tad more to really get a feel

Comment

I hunted around that area today, and I did see some epic camping spots that neighbor a mountain side view , beautiful hill country no doubt, I only saw but two deer but I mainly was scouting the place a tad more to really get a feel

I think the camp spots you're talking about are where I want to go lol

Comment

good luck tomorrow for those going out

Comment

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] any specific spots down there? It's been awhile since I've been down that way but im not opposed to making a trip [emoji1787]

None explicitly. Your already entrenched at LBJ so no use changing now. I just don't want the people thinking about hunting LBJ to make a big commitment of time since there are no animals on it. Just trying to steer them in the right direction. I'm here to help, afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                  None explicitly. Your already entrenched at LBJ so no use changing now. I just don't want the people thinking about hunting LBJ to make a big commitment of time since there are no animals on it. Just trying to steer them in the right direction. I'm here to help, afterall.

I’ve seen 20+ deer in two trips

Comment

I'll be there in the AM! Pumped!

Comment

I’ve seen 20+ deer in two trips

I bet if you saw 20”+ deer in 2 trips you wouldn’t be saying a thing .

Comment

it was a joke. Being facetious. Those who hunt the Hag say the same thing----there's no deer at Hagerman.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
                          it was a joke. Being facetious. Those who hunt the Hag say the same thing----there's no deer at Hagerman.
                          Wait, there are deer on the Hag?

Man, and here I thought they were serious. All those years wasted not applying for the Hag. Who would do such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                            Wait, there are deer on the Hag?

Man, and here I thought they were serious. All those years wasted not applying for the Hag. Who would do such a thing?

No, there are no deer on the Hag.

Confused yet?

Comment

Well I finally bought a tree stand today and Took it out to my moms tonight to play with it a little bit and didnt like the supplied harness, linemans rope and safety line so I'm overnighting a HSS bowhunter harness and linemans rope and accessory hanger. So ready to get out sunday

Comment

Well I finally bought a tree stand today and Took it out to my moms tonight to play with it a little bit and didnt like the supplied harness, linemans rope and safety line so I'm overnighting a HSS bowhunter harness and linemans rope and accessory hanger. So ready to get out sunday

Yep. Those harnesses that come with the stands aren't too comfortable. I relegate them to my young'uns since they complain about wearing them. If they ever quit complaining I'll get a better one. I made a lineman's belt out of static 11mm rope and an ascender.

Which stand did you decide on?

Comment

Working...
                                X