Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
    I haven't looked close but does anyone know if youth are limited to only applying for 3 hunts in each category again this year?
    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
      Yea, I recognize that mug.....
      The Dude that posts all those "Deer Glamour Shots"

Comment

Originally posted by SamSowell View Post
        Yes
        Thanks!

Will have to be picky on choosing.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
          Lots of these dates are in the middle of the week which wont work for my schedule. I don't think I will even mess with applying this year. I guess better odds for you all!
          Same for me. I never apply for much. I've been drawn 2 out of 3 years for the gator hunt at JD Murphee. I was going to apply for it again, but I'm going to the Chandeleur Islands fishing the week of the hunts.

Comment

Lots of these dates are in the middle of the week which wont work for my schedule.
            It's been that way as far as I can remember. Only seen a hunt or 2 that has been on a weekend, other than youth hunts. Those are mostly on weekends or during Christmas break.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              It's been that way as far as I can remember. Only seen a hunt or 2 that has been on a weekend
              Weird, I applied the past two years and don't remember it being heavy during the week? Maybe I wasn't paying attention to the calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                I know for a fact that this isn’t true. We were drawn on the chap with a party of 2 when they only had one spot left. Also I talked to the lady there that was in charge of the chap(big cow). She told us that even if we would have had four in a group they would have drawn us. It’s max group specific, not person specific
                Only true if it’s a compartment hunt like Chap. If it’s by assigned blind then they will only allow the number of hunters for the number of blinds. I’ll put in with people on the compartment hunts, but won’t on assigned blind hunts

Comment

Weird, I applied the past two years and don't remember it being heavy during the week? Maybe I wasn't paying attention to the calendar.
                  I don’t remember ever seeing much on a weekend I feel like they’re usually ties/wed-fri

I drew kerrville 6 years ago and I think it was ties-thurs if I remember correctly

Comment

I applied for a few hunts for the first time in at least 5 years. My Lord the odds of getting drawn now are horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                      I know for a fact that this isn’t true. We were drawn on the chap with a party of 2 when they only had one spot left. Also I talked to the lady there that was in charge of the chap(big cow). She told us that even if we would have had four in a group they would have drawn us. It’s max group specific, not person specific
                      Weird, I read otherwise from a guy who supposedly worked with TPWD at the head office. If I could remember where I'd go dig it up. Might depend on area of we're getting conflicting info, Chap is weird they also take all the youth standbys no matter how many show up and they're huge so a couple extra bodies drawn as a group won't hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Same for me. I never apply for much. I've been drawn 2 out of 3 years for the gator hunt at JD Murphee. I was going to apply for it again, but I'm going to the Chandeleur Islands fishing the week of the hunts.
                        **** I have like 7 gator points now and always put in for Murphee, still waiting. Need to quit putting my kids on the app I guess.

Comment

Can anyone beat my 18 points for deer, pronghorn, Muley and exotics? Sure wish I had that many points for Elk and sheep out west. I’ll make my annual donation soon.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                            Can anyone beat my 18 points for deer, pronghorn, Muley and exotics? Sure wish I had that many points for Elk and sheep out west. I’ll make my annual donation soon.
                            Up until 2 years ago I had 26 for gun buck. Finally got drawn. It was the same weekend that my son was drawn for youth mule deer.

Needless to say, we went mule deer hunting.

I’ve got 26 for pronghorn.
                            Last edited by Mule Skinner; 07-03-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                              I have 24 for pronghorn.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                It's been that way as far as I can remember. Only seen a hunt or 2 that has been on a weekend, other than youth hunts. Those are mostly on weekends or during Christmas break.
                                Back in the day many of the hunts were on weekends. When they expanded the youth hunts, they scheduled them for weekends and holidays for obvious reasons. And then scheduled most of the “adult” hunts during the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X