No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think (hope) the Helo shoots are done, it is a money thing. I have noticed all the buzzards queing up wanting, since they are been programmed to come for free food annually.

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
      Totally agree with you NavyChielf. Bosshog's pic is a complete fake! That doesn't even look close to being at granger. And there is no gate 22 - his story is fake too. I'm calling complete BS on the part where he says he killed 2 pigs with 1 arrow. Maybe 2 deer, but no way 2 pigs.
      While I agree that his post is totally fake, I have killed two pigs with one arrow three times. In each case there was a smaller pig behind the one I was shooting. Two times I ran across the smaller pig first while trailing and the other time I was doing spot and stalk with several other guys and the pig I shot on purpose fell within about 30 yards and one of the guys that was coming up on the other side said he saw my pig run past him "bleeding good". Had no idea I had hit a second pig and never did find that one...guess I have to change story to twice instead of three times...no body, no kill.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
        I have seen two below the dam. The guys at the station said they have sent them also. I've posted about it here but no one believes me. And you can shoot them. They are not native. I'd like to see one again
        both of my brothers were with me fishing at wilson fox park when we saw the big ram!!!!!!i am glad someone else has seen them....would make a nice mount,,,i don't know if they are any count to eat though.....

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
          If the corps do not have the money to possibly not have a deer hunt next year and also to not replace John caffey then they surely don't have the money to hire a helicopter.
          Johnny Cathey, and he worked for tpwd, not army corps, he is a good friend of mine from Taylor. But i agree no money....which means more pigs for us to chase......for me next year....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
            I swear to god I paddled up to 4 huge pretty peacocks. They were in pairs. I watched them for about 5 min then they flew/jumped up a high bluf and were gone. I thought I was seeing things but I got close enough there no doubt. Less than 20 yards from them. The GW out there thinks I am a fruitcake cause I asked him if there were any out there and told him I had just seen fwo breeding pair. I could hear it in his voice he wanted to tell me I was full of it but remained professional. but no **** I swear I did!
            i believe you, but are you sure they weren't turkeys, not to make you sound ignorant, i have seen some pretty colorful gobblers on the lake near the mouth of the river. i wonder how peacock fares on the bbq pit????

Comment

Went out to primitive ramp this morning to try out the Kayak I recently bought, and upstream of the ramp about a 1/2 mile the pigs are tearing up the banks on either side of the river. Some pretty fresh sign there. You guys should have some good luck for GRXH. Now I have to go learn how to get out of a kayak the proper way. Fortunately when I took my bath in the river this morning no one was around to see

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                Went out to primitive ramp this morning to try out the Kayak I recently bought, and upstream of the ramp about a 1/2 mile the pigs are tearing up the banks on either side of the river. Some pretty fresh sign there. You guys should have some good luck for GRXH. Now I have to go learn how to get out of a kayak the proper way. Fortunately when I took my bath in the river this morning no one was around to see
                Its a special skill. My method is just to jump in the water. It beats flipping your boat and losing your gear. Impossiable for a 260lb man to go from a seat below the water line to above the water line. Wear waders, step out next to the bank and climb on up. It nothing like a canoe or regular boat.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                  Johnny Cathey, and he worked for tpwd, not army corps, he is a good friend of mine from Taylor. But i agree no money....which means more pigs for us to chase......for me next year....
                  I knew is name was something like that. Only met him once. Great guy. He did alot out there

Comment

I listened to them cross just West of PC every night I camped there last week.

Comment

I saw a flock of Turduckens about a half mile up from the mouth of the river. And one small Turduck running around screaming with a chicken chasing it.

Comment

anyone been out today?any pigs?

Comment

looking for advice and tips from "OFFICIALS" lol

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                            looking for advice and tips from "OFFICIALS" lol
                            Shoot a mathews lol. Just playing. Bowtech is ok

Comment

har har

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                                har har
                                Ill be out next Friday and Saturday. I'm up for hunting with fellow blood brothers if yah wanna meet up. I can show yah around the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X