Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
    I don't know that is why I asked...but by the non answer answer, I am guessing I guessed correctly...or is it the wrong assumption to assume that?

how's that for some non-sense....
    Man, your funny

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
      Bet it is muddy. Yeah, real muddy. Should make getting the boat out of the river easy, probably shoot hogs right from the canoe in the timber.
      Now your talking. When you going to make it back down this way? You up for another camping trip out there? Trying to put one together with a few folks. But we are bringing food.

Comment

Let me know with a couple weeks notice and I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Let us know too

Comment

I'll be out there Sunday morning rain or shine. Would love to join somebody if they plan on going out as well.

Comment

Just wish it wasn't a 3 hour drive.

Comment

Went out this morning. Meant to get in at check point 7, but entered farther up CR 347 on accident. Saw a bunch of squirrels and one possum. One large dead bloated cow as well. Hog sign, but no hogs. It was really muddy and let me tell you with the morning dew it was like black ice. I fell twice within the first 10 minutes of walking. With all the rain lately it was easy to creep without being loud though.

Lesson of the Day- Bring extra batteries for GPS.

Comment

Recent success?

Has anyone bagged a hog at Granger in the last couple of weeks? I'm going out there this weekend. Wondering if it would be better to try Pecan Grove or San Gabriel unit right now.

Comment

I was thinking about going with my son on Sunday and like SnakeBoot was wondering where the better place is.

Comment

I think at this point with all the cover out there it is gonna be hard, real hard. I would target pinch points and set up with a little corn to stop them for a min. When I last went it was just too thick. You could be standing right next to a bed of hogs and not even see them. Wish they had the cows back at the SG unit. Maybe pecan grove is better. I dont know. Have not made it out there in a while. Wish I could help.

Comment

I should be heading out there sunday morning.

Comment

So what happened with the cows, Dirtymike? Did COE change the rules, or did the owner just decide not to renew the grazing lease?

Comment

Scouted both SG and PG units this morning, and saw sign in both places. No positive IDs though. Gonna bring out some bait next time like Mike suggested.

Comment

Granger scouting

No hogs today, saw 12 deer, one nice 10 point.

Comment

Hit up gate 7 today. Got there kinda late and ended up not really seeing anything. It was much cooler than it has been the past few times at least though.

Comment

Working...
                                X