Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
    Hey Bo,
    I'll be out at the lease this Sunday to work on a few things. Finally got my cameras two weeks ago, so I might have some pictures for us to look at on Monday. Should be a great year. I've gotta do a couple blind counts for Trey in the next week or so too. It would make it a lot easier if they'd harvest the bleepin corn!
    GT,
    I'll give you a call. Maybe we can throw back a few cold ones.
    I'm always up for that. Stop by the house.

Comment

Have not made it out to granger in a LONG time. Foot is healing up little by little and can handle sitting on a dove stool blasting the tasty little birds. So did they plant the sunflowers again in sore finger? I caught it the last part of the season last year and it was slow. Yet still better then reading about hunting. I hope to see many dove out there. I know they are all over my house here in town.

Comment

Bulletman, I'm slow too, Cardio-pulmanary Resusitation, for when he loses consciousness from laughing so hard.

Comment

Just moved to north Austin a few weeks ago and am planning on getting my APH this next month. The TPWD website says that hunter orange is required during seasons when guns are allowed, but I couldn't find how much orange is required. Anybody know the square inch requirement? Do most of yall wear it every time out or just when you have to? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
            Have not made it out to granger in a LONG time. Foot is healing up little by little and can handle sitting on a dove stool blasting the tasty little birds. So did they plant the sunflowers again in sore finger? I caught it the last part of the season last year and it was slow. Yet still better then reading about hunting. I hope to see many dove out there. I know they are all over my house here in town.

I was out a couple of weeks ago and there were lots of sunflowers and birds. Should be a good opener

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
              Just moved to north Austin a few weeks ago and am planning on getting my APH this next month. The TPWD website says that hunter orange is required during seasons when guns are allowed, but I couldn't find how much orange is required. Anybody know the square inch requirement? Do most of yall wear it every time out or just when you have to? Thanks.
              Well I do not know about the sq inchs. I showed up to dove hunt out there and go laughed out of the field for wearing hunter orange on a dove hunt. Was told it is only needed when hog hunting. And that they were not to strict on the head gear. Dont take my word for it I would look at the rule book and deciede how much orange you need to wear. For dove and duck I dont wear orange. Hog hunting in the brush I do. This is just me. Some people speed some people dont. Same kinda deal. I am not telling you to not wear the orange just my experiences. I am in Round Rock so if you need a partner I am up for it. I usally go after the swine with Blacksunshine. The more the better IMO. Can push hog towards each other not just push them away.

Comment

Hunter Orange
                 fails to visibly wear at least 400 square inches of hunter
                orange material with orange headwear and at least
                144 square inches appearing on both chest and back during
                daylight hours at times when hunting with firearms is permitted.
                Exempt from these requirements are: (1) authorized
                department personnel and landowner employees, (2) persons
                hunting turkey or migratory birds, (3) persons within the
                enclosed passenger compartment of a motor vehicle,
                (4) persons within a designated campground, designated
                vehicle parking area, designated boat launching facility or
                departmental check station, and (5) persons other than
                hunters on COE properties

Comment

Thanks for the answers guys. Looks like I got to do a little bit of shopping. For the most part I will just be out there for the hog hunting. I have never been out there before so I would love to meet up sometime Dirtymike. Sundays will probably be the best for me.

Comment

Ah Hell neano, headed out there today. No way the wife would let me go two days in a row. Well now I know. Will plan it for sundays instead.

Comment

No biggie man. I am waiting for the new year to start next week anyways to buy my permit.

Comment

Well Blacksunshine and I did about 3-4 miles yesterday. Things found out are one, I miss the cows I used to complain about. They did a good job pushing there way and keeping the trails open. I also learned that my special spot from last year has not been used by the hogs at all. And my navigation skills are still better than Blacksunshine. Dont listen to him about walking in circles. Its all lies, pure lies I tell you. Oh and no hogs, no fresh hog sign however we were smelling a nasty boar a few times. Did not get them to run or let us know they were there so who knows. Could of been a huge sounder rignt next to use and we would not know cause it is so thick out there now. No cows to eat and smash there way thru.

Comment

Mike we may be able to get together at Granger before deer season, If not soon after. Do a little scouting for the Extreme Hunt.

Comment

Just went and bought my APH today. Would it be foolish to try and go out there hog hunting (scouting really) on the first weekend of dove season and being labor day weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                              Just went and bought my APH today. Would it be foolish to try and go out there hog hunting (scouting really) on the first weekend of dove season and being labor day weekend?
                              that place is HUGE to say the least and unless you plan on heading to sore finger...you shouldn't have a problem.

if I am available, I am sure we could dig DizzyMike up for a few laps around 6 and or 7 or maybe something new like pecan grove....just have to make sure to bring the gps so DizzyMike won't try and convince you that you aren't walking in circles or 180 degrees out...haha...

Comment

I will be out at Gate 6 a half hour before sunrise tomorrow if anybody wants to join me. Got all my stuff ready today and can't wait to head out.

Comment

Working...
                                X