"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    No the wma is still open when they fly. Good way to get some free pork!
    And to get shot at!

Comment

Feb

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
      Man they better wait til after granger ranger. Don’t they shut the place down for the heli hunts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      They usually fly in feb

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
        Man they better wait til after granger ranger. Don’t they shut the place down for the heli hunts?

February every yr

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
          Hey NavyChief, any idea when they're gonna fly and bust the piggies up? Thinking about making a trip soon but don't want to get the Vietnam experience.
          Its usually right b4 grxh or right after

Comment

Bones is the one to ask because he knows the pilot

Comment

Awesome, thanks Chief!

Comment

Hunted Willis Creek Unit Thursday morning. I approached from the north, coming in from CR349. Summary: Nothing seen. I was there just before sunup and hunted for 4 hours. Solid overcast. The area had seen a trace of rain overnight, so the leaves were damp and quiet. Of course, this day crackling leaves were irreverent, as the howling winds (18 mph!) and rattling limbs covered the sound of my movement.

Observations: Seems there are more cattle there than last year, the good news is they are keeping the grass grazed lower, so there are fewer hog hiding places, the bad news is their hoofprints make for difficult hiking. I saw only one spot of rooting, and only a few prints (admittedly most prints would be obliterated by the cattle) Normally at this time of year the hogs have started to root up and eat the blackberry roots, but the blackberry's were untouched. I also looked at the winter wheat along the county road, and saw no damage. I assess that there just aren't many hogs in this area at this time.

After the ice storm, the number of fallen limbs was quite extensive. Moving through the wooded areas was harder than previous years. The cattle have already started to plow fresh paths through the deadfall, which was helpful.

Did see a dozen or so deer, including 2 legal bucks.

Comment

Good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                    Awesome, thanks Chief!
                    Your welcome Brother!!!

Comment

Posting on behalf of Comanche Kid. Guess he’s too new to post his own pics. He’s been putting a hurtin on some granger pigs recently with his homemade Comanche war bow

Comment

It’ll be nice to have his grocery getting ability at next years GRXH

Comment

Nice job. Looks like some fun for sure.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Thanks Deaf! Hey guys! New to the forum. Ive been a lifelong hunter and fisherman and just got into bow hunting. Like Deaf said, I could not figure out how to post. Thanks for having me on the forum.

Comment

Welcome brother. Pull up a stump and throw a log on the fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X