No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw was today. Deer hunters will be out and about. Could be good or bad for hogs and dove. Might get things moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always like the squirrel hunters being out there. They really waken things up.

Lotta deer out there today. Where do they do the draws? Is it once a year?

Comment

Super large crowd at the standby today. I barely made it in time to get my name in the standby hat and nope again. Oh well next year. I mostly quit the doves etc. once deer hunters are allowed so as to not unintentionally disrupt the hunt but if I really want to use the space,it is public and will do so but all respect given and try to work with the fortunate drawn hunters and stay away. Got plenty of months to chase ghost non existent hogs during the day as nights are not allowed. I did not see 1 dove on a long drive today. I did see some whitewings recent. I am not that far away have massive whitewings in my city backyard. Never saw any out at Granger until a month or so ago a large number. That is way cool and maybe next year has some real dove promise? Good luck folks and enjoy and be friendly.

Comment

I went to the standby draw and no luck either. Went hog hunting on Friday morning out of gate 5. No hogs and all the sign was old. Might go out this Sat or Sun since we got some rain today.

Comment

We have had the first frost. Ticks will be all dead. Time to get back after the hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
              We have had the first frost. Ticks will be all dead. Time to get back after the hogs.
              Awesome! Good push.
              Last edited by Briar Friar; 11-26-2022, 06:52 AM. Reason: Awesome!Spake

Comment

Pretty exciting morning. Shot a 3rd but never recovered. Most action I’ve seen at granger.

Comment

Nice! I'm going Tuesday and was wondering how its been out there. Was it pretty active?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost10mm View Post
                    Nice! I'm going Tuesday and was wondering how its been out there. Was it pretty active?

This was my first time out since September for doves. I showed up around six am and found a sounder of about 30 pigs by 7:30. Can’t really tell you if that’s typical for now but I’m sure the cooler weather is getting them moving more in daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                      This was my first time out since September for doves. I showed up around six am and found a sounder of about 30 pigs by 7:30. Can’t really tell you if that’s typical for now but I’m sure the cooler weather is getting them moving more in daylight.

That's what I used to see there but since about Sept, it's been dead. Glad to hear they're back!

Comment

Hey Deaf. I was the other hunter that ran into you on the lake. I will be going out to that area again but not till the weekend after Christmas. Like I said that day, great shooting and harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocobulldog View Post
                          Hey Deaf. I was the other hunter that ran into you on the lake. I will be going out to that area again but not till the weekend after Christmas. Like I said that day, great shooting and harvest.

Thanks man! It was good to meet you. I’ll keep an eye out for you next time I’m out. Probably gonna focus on getting a deer elsewhere for the time being. Might hunt a couple times in January then I’ll be getting psyched up for the granger ranger hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                            Pretty exciting morning. Shot a 3rd but never recovered. Most action I’ve seen at granger.

Wow, a double at Granger. congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by gburk View Post
                              Wow, a double at Granger. congrats!

Thanks bud! Been hunting here for years and I still can’t believe my luck last weekend!

Comment

Two years ago during the freeze at Granger
                                Last edited by JustinInATX; 12-22-2022, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X