"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an FYI

Y’all would see a hell of allot more hogs if you weren’t out there EVERY day “ educating” them!

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
      Just an FYI

Y’all would see a hell of allot more hogs if you weren’t out there EVERY day “ educating” them!
      Were just getting them used to us[emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CherokeeATX View Post
        Were just getting them used to us[emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You sure are. That’s why you’re not seeing any.

Comment

Just an FYI

Just trying to make friends! Also I see them more often than not. Didnt make it out today after all. Tomorrow looks good though. Also if they're as smart as you believe I'll redirect my efforts towards squirrels and rabbits. Got a clean shotgun and a handful of shells in the truck already.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just an FYI

Are you trying to say Social distancing is coming to Grainger?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
              Just trying to make friends! Also I see them more often than not. Didnt make it out today after all. Tomorrow looks good though. Also if they're as smart as you believe I'll redirect my efforts towards squirrels and rabbits. Got a clean shotgun and a handful of shells in the truck already.

I’m just saying you’re dedicated, but all that traffic probably has them pushed out or completely moving at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                Are you trying to say Social distancing is coming to Grainger?!?

No, lol. I would definitely be hunting a ton of different areas with the frequency you guys are out there.

Comment

Gotta stir the pot. And be a good shot. And get a pig or not. Darned I missed my calling. Poet and did not know it.
                  Now a poem about these stinkers being night critters. Up and comin.

Comment

No, lol. I would definitely be hunting a ton of different areas with the frequency you guys are out there.
                    I wish I had a ton of areas to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                      Been fishing two times. Asked Williamson County and of course the common sense stuff but it was clearly a go unless the park itself is closed. The local Stay Home encourages getting some sun and fresh air. Just keep your space. Best is to stay out of any public but I feel confident I can hunt or fish and not get it or give it. My neighbor walking the dog in front of my house is much closer than spread out fishing and hunting folks. I am going to hunt soon. If told to stop, I will.
                      I think it depends on the park and management area. A week ago Grainger Willis Creek launch and area was still open to all activities (but no gate attendant). Obviously all the hunting land area, you can't really restrict at Grainger..not like you can to ramps and day use areas.

But I went to Decker Lake this weekend and they had closed the boat ramp area and posted a sign no boat access was allowed on the lake (I was in a kayak and could have easily just launched from one of the picnic spots). Bank fishing was still open though.

Comment

But those pigs gotta be somewhere don’t they? They don’t just appear out of thin air.
                        Isn’t it possible to locate and close with their bedding area or hidy-holes?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketHound View Post
                          But those pigs gotta be somewhere don’t they? They don’t just appear out of thin air.
                          Yes they do. Thin air thick air! Reality, darned ghost animal. After dark which we can not hunt might be easy but off limits. They do move and unpredictable. And maybe smarter than us? Which may not be a great achievement speaking of me of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                            I wish I had a ton of areas to hunt.

Man a ton? There are 15 tons out there. And Bless My soul, Load 16 tones and I owe my soul to the company store. Tennessee Earny Ford I believe. Darned must be really social distancing too much? Confused and maybe even dangerous

Comment

That’s about the only way you’ll find them. Problem is with pressure that’s private land.

Comment

Plenty of private land for them to live on. And with all the corn planted near the lake this spring it might be tough finding them until after harvest once the stalks get tall enough. I'm speculating, but Navy Chief would know the answer. Whether he'll share it with all of us rookies is another story.

Comment

Working...
                                X