No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots and lots of fresh sign in PG and jumped a couple of pigs but they did something different than they ever have. As we were walking out we heard the crashing in the trees, same sound I have heard several times in this area. i knelt down and waited for them to run out of the trees and across the trail into the bloodweeds which they have also done everytime I am in this area, only this time they did something else, not sure which way they went but we never saw them come out, very frustrating but fun. I took a friend out for the first time and he was pretty excited and cant wait to get out again hopefully this week.

Comment

Oh, and I am glad i saw Dirtymikes' post before we headed to San Gabriel... Thanks Dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
        Looks like we may have a hard time this week Muzzy???
        As long as you get to go we will be fine I know were they are hanging out.

Comment

Wish you guys good luck. I hope you get your sausage pig. I am heading to Victoria to try my luck at the farm.

Comment

Muzzy and Crod; looks like I need to hang out with you fellas. Don't get to Granger much and it is always a learning experience.

DM, you are becoming a local expert sas well.

Comment

Expert at hiking maybe. I think I am just going to take up bird watching out there. Seen tons of red birds, robins all over. Maybe squirrel hunting. Those tree rats are plentyfull. No i doubt I will ever give up. It is too much fun.

Comment

Camped at wilson fox park this past weekend, tried a little pig hunting on Friday and Saturday. Friday headed up up the south side of SG river to pc. It was the first time i've been in that area, pretty much turned into a scouting trip. Saw some sign, not a lot, compared to some other areas ive been in latly. Saw some dead decayed heli-shoot victims, no live ones. Saturday went below the dam to some areas I was more familiar with, Lots of fresh/semi-fresh sign, no pigs. Just like dirty said, tons of birds and squirels. Great place to take a kid squirel hunting with a 410.

Is anybody very familiar with the north side of spillway (area A)? I have scouted that area a while back. Remember seeing lots of deer, little pig sign.
                Last edited by Birddog66; 03-09-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                  Muzzy and Crod; looks like I need to hang out with you fellas. Don't get to Granger much and it is always a learning experience.

DM, you are becoming a local expert sas well.
                  Just let me know

Comment

Got some time off next week for spring break. Anyone want to do any hunting toward the end of the week, maybe next Thursday or Friday?

Let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Tried to go out to Granger on Tuesday but the weather was not looking to good. So going to meet a buddy tomorrow morning. I think we will try Pecan Grove again. Saw a few hogs last time I was out their and tons of rooting. I would like to thank you guys for all the advice on different areas out and would like to meet up out their one of these days.

Comment

My full time job is a beast and the part time job is kicking my butt. If I get any wiggle room I'll probably go local.

2 1/2 hour drive to Granger WMA.

Comment

Hit Granger Pecan Grove Friday (ALL DAY). I only wish i had been hunting tree rats they are every where and loud. Saw some new rooting and signs of hog but no hogs. Also saw tons of deer. I would like to apologies if you were hunting down in a gully (I wont mention exact location) and two guys walked up on you from the other side. Soon as we saw you we backtracked out of their. How did you do?

Comment

I went Sunday I saw a lot of pigs but the leaves were so crunchy they were always 100yds in front of me, I jumped 3 groups and 2 loan boars in five diffrent spots. Anybody else have any luck?

Comment

Muzzy, What unit were you at?

Comment

I was below the dam last week, same ol' story - saw some deer, saw lots of pig sign, saw a small pack of porkers hauling arse 100 yards away. I think I'm going to change tactics or something. I did find this drop.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Birddog66; 03-17-2010, 03:50 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Working...
                                X