No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs move routinely. Just because. They'll be back eventually.

Comment

Got the boy setup. We baited Friday night, slept in Sat then walked in to bait again around 9am. Went to the Taylor gun show, built a fire, now back out and ready to sling arrows.

His bow is so dang quiet, sounds like it has a suppressor!
      Attached Files

Comment

Good luck out there! Hope to see yall put one down tonight. We're gonna try our luck tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Also a word of warning, ticks are out. I got 2 yesterday. Start spraying your gear with permethrin.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            Got the boy setup. We baited Friday night, slept in Sat then walked in to bait again around 9am. Went to the Taylor gun show, built a fire, now back out and ready to sling arrows.

His bow is so dang quiet, sounds like it has a suppressor!
            Good luck out there! Keep us posted.

Comment

Went out last monday east of gate 7 and walked some points closer to the lake. Saw a few deer but no hogs. Found a lot wallows that were fresh and lots of tracks. I was in some really heavy brush so they might have been there but I didn't see them. Going back this coming monday and try again. If anyone like to join me at gate 7 at sun rise that would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                Also a word of warning, ticks are out. I got 2 yesterday. Start spraying your gear with permethrin.

you need to make that old hound sleep on the rug. Aint no ticks at Granger. We are high society ya hear!

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                  you need to make that old hound sleep on the rug. Aint no ticks at Granger. We are high society ya hear!
                  If only you were right homeboy! I've gotten more ticks and chiggers from granger than any other chunk of ground on God's green earth. I may spend too much time there...

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Y’all are seriously dedicated. Wish I still had the drive to stalk for hogs out there. The laziness is real with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                      Y’all are seriously dedicated. Wish I still had the drive to stalk for hogs out there. The laziness is real with this one.
                      Come on man! We could use you out there today.

Comment

Too many miles travelled this weekend and no hogs spotted or baited attempts to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                          Too many miles travelled this weekend and no hogs spotted or baited attempts to eat.
                          Dang dude what a bummer! Care to share which unit yall were working?

Comment

We were walking in from Willis Equestrian camp and Willis unit proper.

Comment

Chief's spot has been properly baited, tube filled, 20lbs on ground, 30lbs fermented corn on ground, 1 bag of hog wild attractant, and 1 jug of hog juice.

Should be ready by next weekend once they get wind of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfinman View Post
                                Went out last monday east of gate 7 and walked some points closer to the lake. Saw a few deer but no hogs. Found a lot wallows that were fresh and lots of tracks. I was in some really heavy brush so they might have been there but I didn't see them. Going back this coming monday and try again. If anyone like to join me at gate 7 at sun rise that would be great!

On my way over......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X