No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was out there fishing today. Did take an hour to just walk saw nothing. Did get 5 crappie so gonna make some fish tacos.

Comment

Game warden was out today he stopped me. Cool guys talked with him for about 30 min.

Comment

Randy;
        The islands down closer to the lake don't get allot of pressure either, tough to get to them.

Comment

I bought a cheap Sun Dolphin boat and tow it behind my Kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by HermyKillPig View Post
            I bought a cheap Sun Dolphin boat and tow it behind my Kayak.
            Nice. Innovation. I am looking at options. Buying first compound in over 20 years due to an injury, setting it to 50 lbs or less. My yaks are not the key but a tow behind? I am thinking on the square back Bass Pro canoe. Stand, pole, haul out the 60000 lbs of hog and if nothing else, fall down and sleep in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
              Randy;
              The islands down closer to the lake don't get allot of pressure either, tough to get to them.
              I can get to anything. (almost) Barring nothing anything gets in my way! Than I must reconsider. And be considerate. Or Obliverate. Or shucks maybe use my cast nest? Thanks, Them islands just became another episode of Jeapordy.

Comment

They're thick and you might even see a pig. For sure you'll hear them.

Comment

Just shot two deep in 7 right at dusk. Going back early tomorrow morning to track. Stalked from top of 7 for about 2 and half hours in ran up on a momma and her babies. Sunk a rage broadhead in her a bit back. She took her piglets and ran a little but couldnt run too well she had a huge hematoma growing close to her hind leg. I followed to put another one in her and she led me straight to the herd of 15-20. She spotted me at about 50 yards and squealed, but only her and the pigs ran off the rest stayed. So I took another one at 60 yards, much better shot. I tracked a little, but it got too dark. Going back tomorrow morning to try and find them both. Hit momma with a black eagle arrow with rage broadhead, then hit the other big one with an exodus broadhead black eagle arrow. If anyone wants to help find them and see a good spot text me.

737-eight8eight-1six79

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
                    Just shot two deep in 7 right at dusk. Going back early tomorrow morning to track. Stalked from top of 7 for about 2 and half hours in ran up on a momma and her babies. Sunk a rage broadhead in her a bit back. She took her piglets and ran a little but couldnt run too well she had a huge hematoma growing close to her hind leg. I followed to put another one in her and she led me straight to the herd of 15-20. She spotted me at about 50 yards and squealed, but only her and the pigs ran off the rest stayed. So I took another one at 60 yards, much better shot. I tracked a little, but it got too dark. Going back tomorrow morning to try and find them both. Hit momma with a black eagle arrow with rage broadhead, then hit the other big one with an exodus broadhead black eagle arrow. If anyone wants to help find them and see a good spot text me.

737-eight8eight-1six79
                    If I didn't have to work I would have liked to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post

737-eight8eight-1six79
                      Way to go! Hopefully you find em. Took me a full year to finally recover my first pig

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                        Way to go! Hopefully you find em. Took me a full year to finally recover my first pig

Talk about dry aging!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          Talk about dry aging!
                          Haha. Guess I need to work on my phrasing

Comment

How do you post a pic?
                            Last edited by cgcaples12; 02-13-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Got a double
                              Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X