X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
    Helicopter kill score.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Thats awesome! Super gnarly. I think Id cream myself seeing that bugger on the hoof.

Comment

Originally posted by NeKro View Post
      Do you all recommend any brand for bows and arrows? Not looking to break the bank but also not trying to go super cheap. Would like to not have to upgrade for awhile. Thanks.

Bows are like shoes. You have your brand followers, but I would highly suggest the following. Figure out your draw length and draw weights. Then shoot several different bows that can accommodate these requirements. Choose the one that has the weight and length for your style of hunting and feels best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
        Bows are like shoes. You have your brand followers, but I would highly suggest the following. Figure out your draw length and draw weights. Then shoot several different bows that can accommodate these requirements. Choose the one that has the weight and length for your style of hunting and feels best to you.

Definitely agree with HogStalker. I would add that you should find an archery shop that you like and that will help set you up. If you have never bow hunted before or don’t have someone experienced walking you through the different components of a bow and getting you set up correctly, you’re going to have a tough learning curve and bad experience. Most archery shops are more than willing to help you out, because if you get set up right, you will be a continued customer and they totally want you to get “into” the sport. I’d recommend finding a time when the shop isn’t busy, let them know your experience level and what you are looking for, and see if they can set you up. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, don't listen to the fanboys who say "Bow Brand X is the best bow ever" because those folks are stupid.

There's a ton of awesome bows out there now at all price ranges. Find a good pro shop in the area, tell them you are new and want to get into archery and they will help you out. If they get super pushy and try to sell you on any one specific option then move on to another store.

Comment

Double G Archery in Georgetown go see them. I went in there on a busy saturday and I believe the guy that owns it is named Paul. I told him I had no experience with bows and he spent about 2 or 3 hours with me teaching me every component and how to basically even shoot a bow. Highly recommend them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jtn379 View Post
              Double G Archery in Georgetown go see them. I went in there on a busy saturday and I believe the guy that owns it is named Paul. I told him I had no experience with bows and he spent about 2 or 3 hours with me teaching me every component and how to basically even shoot a bow. Highly recommend them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I also recommend double G archery. Paul is an amazing shop owner and has taught myself and my wife how to shoot our bows.

Comment

Paul at Double G. Small shop and Paul is very helpful and personable. Helped me out big time. And has an expensive Bowtech hanging on the wall I want so staying away to resist buying a bow over paying me bills.

Comment

Paul no longer owns Double G.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    Thats awesome! Super gnarly. I think Id cream myself seeing that bugger on the hoof.
                    I have him soaking in peroxide now. 40% by volume. More like a foam.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                      Paul no longer owns Double G.

The new owner’s name is Paul too I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                        The new owner’s name is Paul too I believe.
                        That's awkward, lol

Comment

[ATTACH]987358[/ATTACH][attiach]987359[/attach]

I always laugh when people say pigs cant be killed over bait at granger.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                            [ATTACH]987358[/ATTACH][attiach]987359[/attach]

I always laugh when people say pigs cant be killed over bait at granger.

Me too... corn an area consistently or even hang a small feeder. Put a cheap camera on it (with a lock so the meth heads don’t steal it) and get em patterned. The veterans call that a rookie move- I call it getting groceries.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                              Me too... corn an area consistently or even hang a small feeder. Put a cheap camera on it (with a lock so the meth heads don’t steal it) and get em patterned. The veterans call that a rookie move- I call it getting groceries.

got the groceries that night but for some reason it wont let me post those. One group came in shot one 20 min later another group came in got one out of that one to.
                              Ive killed a ton of pigs out there over the years and would say 75% came over bait.

One of the spots i know you hunt they will show up pretty regular as well!

Comment

Pffft, that's cheatin. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X