"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seatruckn View Post
    Any of y’all hunt out here with a dog? Hog, squirrel, or rabbit?
    Pretty sure its illegal for pigs. Not sure about squirrels. My pooch is way to stupid and timid anyway. She tucks her tail and runs when i pop them in the backyard with a bb gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
      Pretty sure its illegal for pigs. Not sure about squirrels. My pooch is way to stupid and timid anyway. She tucks her tail and runs when i pop them in the backyard with a bb gun.
      Cool. I called the park office a few days ago and they gave me a big thumbs up. When I asked “hogs too?” Their reply was “if y’all are up for it”. They mentioned the deer hunters, orange vest on my dog and owner info on the dog as well. Gonna dig a little deeper before we head that way.

Comment

Cool. I called the park office a few days ago and they gave me a big thumbs up. When I asked “hogs too?” Their reply was “if y’all are up for it”. They mentioned the deer hunters, orange vest on my dog and owner info on the dog as well. Gonna dig a little deeper before we head that way.
        Pretty sure hunting with dogs is a no no.

Comment

Maby ask a game warden before doing it

Comment

Originally posted by SGTdebo305 View Post
            Maby ask a game warden before doing it
            That’s the plan

Comment

That’s the plan
              Good plan, hell you ask one person yes, the next no... Ask the guy that writes the tickets as he is the one that matters. Check this out.

Dogs may be used for hunting squirrel, rabbits, hares, furbearing animals, predatory animals, and game birds (other than turkey) on most units during the open seasons. See the Prohibited Acts section for rules and regulations concerning the use of dogs and area maps for further restrictions.

Then under prohibited acts

Dogs
              uses a dog to hunt deer or turkey;
              uses a dog to hunt feral hogs and other exotic mammals unless specifically allowed for in the Legal Game Legend on the unit maps;
              uses a dog to hunt furbearers or predatory animals during daylight hours within an open general season for deer on public hunting lands;
              fails to keep all dogs in designated campsites confined or leashed;

Depends on what you are hunting, time of year you are hunting, and specific unit map?

I have seen and have used dogs for dove.

Comment

Think DirtyMike is correct, unless things changed after the Corps let it go.

Comment

HOLY BALLS! FINALLY KILLED MY FIRST GRANGER HOG! About to start the work of packing out.

Comment

I started to believe they were a myth and human goblins made all those tracks and dug up spots. Congrats.

Comment

Ill post pics once i figure out how

Comment

HOLY BALLS! FINALLY KILLED MY FIRST GRANGER HOG! About to start the work of packing out.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where?

Comment

Im technologically retarded. How do i post pictures from my phone? I dont have a computer...

Comment

Im technologically retarded. How do i post pictures from my phone? I dont have a computer...

Congrats brotha...from your phone you need to download Tapatalk to upload pics easy...or text them to one of us and we’ll post

Comment

I sent you pm with my number if you want to send me pics ....#nodicpicplease

Comment

Working...
                                X