No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzy, thanks for sharing that awesome story. What a trip! Sorry to hear you lost the hog. I shot a large hog in october at ten FEET, in its bed and I had bad results with that one too. They are tough critters.
    Good luck with your hunts

Comment

I am still quite bummed out about loosing one it’s been awhile since I have lost one. I did everything I could in order to try to recover it, even called in a friend to help me look but, still disappointed hope everybody that heads out this weekend has good luck, it would be great to hear how everybody did. One plus from this mornings hunt was that I did see a good set of numbers of pigs I was really worried that the helicopter took care of my favorite past time for this year but today sight was promising one negative is that I had to tromp all through “the tunnels” probably messed up the hunting spot for a few days but I guess at the end of the day your never going to kill a pig sitting at the house and tomorrow is always another day. Just frustrating when you work so hard to get a shot and it doesn’t all quite come together I guess it is just part of it.

Comment

might get out sat afternoon/eve . . .anyone goin?

Comment

DIDnt make it out this mourning, hoping to get out this afternoon

Comment

Crazy story Muzzy. I haven't had the opportunity to hunt any pigs yet but I have heard similar stories before of people being chased by them. I'm actually thinking of getting a .40 and taking it with me when I go, just in case. lol

Comment

Note: carrying a pistol while bowhunting on Granger unless you have a Texas-issued concealed-carry permint will result in a fine. I recognise many folks say they would rather pay the fine instead of the doctor, but just thought I should mention it.

P.S I have met a 250 lb sow in the dark at 5 ft and completely understand the thought behind going in armed. But remember, there are always trees!

Comment

didn't get out this eve, most likely will be mon morning . ...

Comment

any idea what the fine is??? I carried today cause I had my wife with me. Found only one hog. Most of the area I have been hunting is now dead, and underwater. They have moved off to another area. The river looks crazy it is so over full. There were some islands we use to stop and rest while kayak fishing. They are underwater and now I seen one spot where the river has pushe thru land to create another island. Pretty cool to see the power of mother nature. Also found several tree stands and or bait spots. Pretty close to primative camp so I am thinking the guys are getting ready to the weekend. I know I am. If the camp is not underwater.

Comment

I wouldnt mind going out with somebody monday hit me me up if anybody is interested Email is availible

Comment

I have not hunted below the dam in several months has anybody been down there and hunted since the helicopter and if so are willing to mention what you saw. NO need to specify were below the dam just wondering the current stats down there.

Comment

Myself and texasfirefighter will be out tomarrow. Gonna narrow down spots for Ranger hunt

Comment

when is that?

Comment

Weekend of the 27th, great times

Here is the link with the info....great times

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                              Note: carrying a pistol while bowhunting on Granger unless you have a Texas-issued concealed-carry permint will result in a fine. I recognise many folks say they would rather pay the fine instead of the doctor, but just thought I should mention it.

P.S I have met a 250 lb sow in the dark at 5 ft and completely understand the thought behind going in armed. But remember, there are always trees!
                              although Granger is a state WMA, it is on Federal property, and the state concealed handgun permit is not valid. possession of a handgun at Granger is potentially a federal offense as well as a state charge of Unlawfully Carrying a Weapon. its a class a misdemeanor, jail time and fine.

Comment

Did anybody have any luck this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X