No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goin out thursday and Friday to try for some whites and crappies then I'm gonna try my hand at some hog hunting.. hope to see some of yall out there

Comment

I believe lead shot is restricted to #4 or smaller; no restrictions on non-toxic. I don't know for sure, but I would guess that "regular" rules apply to magazine size... check the TPWD hunting annual or website . . .

Comment

Intro

Hello everybody, I am native to Granger Lake and I have been bow hunting on granger from the time I was old enough to legally bow hunt there. I have been following the thread lately and as far as I am concerned everybody seems like a great group of hunters. For years I have Bow hunted alone around the lake thinking that it was more productive. Recently I have discovered that hunting in smaller groups can be quite effective. If anybody out there is looking for somebody to go hog hunting around granger with send me an email or something I would enjoy the opportunity to go hunting and meet some of yall, although I think I have met many of you before out in the field over the years
        Thanks for reading Muzzy100

Comment

This is a bit off the subject (sorry), but has anyone seen any coyotes with any regularity? I got a shot at one mid-morning a while back in the San Gabriel unit . . .

Comment

Surprised the heck out of me . . .I think it surprised the heck out of the coyote too . . . .

Comment

I'm "game," Muzzy. Usually available to get out there either sat eve, sun morn, maybe sun eve, maybe mon morn. ..I work til 2pm sat, have off sun and mon. . .of course this is weather and/or "honey-do" dependent. . . .Also have another good friend who is new to the hog hunting out there who would be willing, usually sun morn for him....

Comment

gtek I am always up for hunting on the weekends and most mondays. I have access through some private property that cuts down on some walking, and makes it easier to get to the pigs, and it makes it a heck of a lot easier to get them out, dont have to carry them near as far either. Anybody else interested in going hunting let me know like I said before love to meet and go hunting with some of yall.

Comment

I usually only get out on the weekends as well and would love to hook up with a group. I have mostly hunted Pecan Grove but would like to explore more for sure.

Comment

I am up for groups. I prefer groups. You can push them and trap them at least on the san gabriel unit. Get them on one of the narrow fingers. I am heading out tomorrow after noon. Bringing my crappie pole also and a few beers for after the hunt. Try and make it a late nighter. The crappie are out and about all ready so.... Anyone feel free to give me call. I just maybe able to get a kitchen pass and sneak out even if it is the spur of the moment.512 289 7998. Ask for Dirty, or leave message I will call you right back. I screen my calls as I get a million of folks try to sell me crap for my buisness and credit card machines and what not. It is my buisness line. Anyone up for an afternoon hunt followed by a night crappie fishing and a few beers let me know.

Comment

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide

Its going to be a cold one. Maybe wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        Guys I think you missed the whole point of the question. I know I can use a shotgun, I know it needs to be no larger than numbe four shot, I know hogs are archery only. The question is..... Do I need a plug to where my defensive shotty that holds nine rounds so it will only hold three. I do know for dove, duck yes which I would not be using this shotgun for these activitiens. I am talking about rabbit and squirrel with nine rounds in the mag. Legal or no. I just like the 18 inch barrel for getting thru all the thick stuff with out getting hung up. And give me a reason to use this perticular gun. I like it and have had it for many many many years. Want to use it for more than just Home Defence. It is a fun shot gun to shoot.
                        I did miss the point, I don't know the answer but.... if you call (512) 352-8817 and talk to Johnny Cathey he should be able to answer your question. He's the Manager of that area. Hope that helps and you get to shoot your shotty

Comment

I can’t make it on Thursday but I am planning on heading out on Friday if anybody wants to join up let me know. We will see if we can’t get an arrow in a pig. I have yet to go out since the devastation of the helicopter, not a fan.

Comment

Have you been out to the pecan grove since the helicopter? I have not made it out hunting but I did go for a quick walk along the river just to see what I could see early last weekend and did see 3 pigs so I guess that’s a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzy100 View Post
                              Have you been out to the pecan grove since the helicopter? I have not made it out hunting but I did go for a quick walk along the river just to see what I could see early last weekend and did see 3 pigs so I guess that’s a good sign.
                              Lots of them out there

Comment

That’s good to hear, I live along the San Gabriel unit and I know that the helicopter has a little harder time getting shots at them in the hardwoods; does anybody know how many they killed just below the dam not counting the other areas?

Comment

Working...
                                X