No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 miles east of Georgetown off 29/95 (roughly)

Georgetown is 160 miles south of Fort Worth on IH35

Circleville would probably be the closest town I think...

Comment

Much of the San Gabriel unit is under water . . .has caused some disruption in usual patterns of movement...saw some new trails . ...

Comment

There are no more hogs at Granger. The chopper killed all of them. Hunting sucks. You need to look else were if you want to hunt hogs.

Comment

Made the mistake of wading towards some previously productive spots, all it got me was wet cold feet . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
            15 miles east of Georgetown off 29/95 (roughly)

Georgetown is 160 miles south of Fort Worth on IH35

Circleville would probably be the closest town I think...
            Bartlett is the closest town to Granger. I dont think that Circleville is even considered a town.

Comment

circleville is on the map, just a landmark to find things. The gas station/minnow place/convenience store is right there. Duchess was always our landmark/stopping off point way back in the 80's and everything looks pretty much the same now...

Comment

I have a mossberg 590 mariner that holds 9 rds. I want to take it out to granger to blast sneaky beer cans, wabbits, or what ever. Is it legal to use it out there without a plug. Just wondering because of the 9rds it holds. Was not sure if the 3 rd deal was for just dove and duck or anything.
                Last edited by Dirtymike; 02-08-2010, 05:39 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                  There are no more hogs at Granger. The chopper killed all of them. Hunting sucks. You need to look else were if you want to hunt hogs.
                  Awww shucks, better cancel my plans. **** those helicopters! **** them all to hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                    I have a mossberg 590 mariner that holds 9 rds. I want to take it out to granger to blast sneaky beer cans, wabbits, or what ever. Is it legal to use it out there without a plug. Just wondering because of the 9rds it holds. Was not sure if the 3 rd deal was for just dove and duck or anything.
                    I think Granger is Bow only Mike. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild...wma/list/?id=9

I would contact the "contact" on the page and talk to him about it but I'm pretty sure its bow only at Granger.

Comment

bow only for hogs . you can squirrle and rabbit hunt out the with shotgun. I beleive it is no shot less than number 4's.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                        X3....

Comment

Guys I think you missed the whole point of the question. I know I can use a shotgun, I know it needs to be no larger than numbe four shot, I know hogs are archery only. The question is..... Do I need a plug to where my defensive shotty that holds nine rounds so it will only hold three. I do know for dove, duck yes which I would not be using this shotgun for these activitiens. I am talking about rabbit and squirrel with nine rounds in the mag. Legal or no. I just like the 18 inch barrel for getting thru all the thick stuff with out getting hung up. And give me a reason to use this perticular gun. I like it and have had it for many many many years. Want to use it for more than just Home Defence. It is a fun shot gun to shoot.

Comment

Oh yea Blacksunshine, hows those feet holden up????

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              Oh yea Blacksunshine, hows those feet holden up????
                              back to normal I think..still a little sore..

Comment

Working...
                              X