No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have but they don't even come in every night or even every other night. Looks like I'm going to spend some long hours in the tree waiting on them. When they do come across I have them on camera so I know I'm focusing on the right area. I've even seen the one but couldn't get a shot. The big ones are big for a reason. They aren't dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dress like Miss Piggy and strut your stuff. It always works for Bugs Bunny. Make sure to show some butt skin ever so often...but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Dress like Miss Piggy and strut your stuff. It always works for Bugs Bunny. Make sure to show some butt skin ever so often...but not too much.

I will have to pass on that lol

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
          AZST_bowhunter: Corps says no camping except at designated campsites. There are plenty of campsites at the 4 developed parks around the lake: Taylor, Fox, Friendship, and Willis Creek. They are all developed with RV or car camping in mind. There is also one primitive camp, about a mile west of gate 7, but on the south side of the river. The primitive camp is accessible by foot from the CR 416/Nature trail entrance, by canoe/kayak from the gate 7 small boat launch, or by regular boat, coming up the San Gabrial from the main lake.

There are LOTS of snags in the San G; small power boats coming in that way either have hydro-jet drives, weedless props, or bring a spare prop.
          Thanks for the info!!

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
            How is Granger now?
            Is it pretty flooded in spots? was thinking about stalking a few hogs.....
            Dude, I was just out at Sore Finger last weekend...got in a sounder of no less than fifty of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
              Dude, I was just out at Sore Finger last weekend...got in a sounder of no less than fifty of them!
              Omg dude! I gotta get to sore finger soon.... Was just waiting for it to cool down.
              Sore Finger here I come! Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                There are LOTS of snags in the San G; small power boats coming in that way either have hydro-jet drives, weedless props, or bring a spare prop.
                Or a spare lower unit, or two...
                I've lost four lowers, one prop shaft, two props, knocked one motor off the transom, flipped one boat and sank another; but that's in thousands of runs.

You should be okay!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                  Or a spare lower unit, or two...
                  I've lost four lowers, one prop shaft, two props, knocked one motor off the transom, flipped one boat and sank another; but that's in thousands of runs.

You should be okay!
                  What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

I was looking at picking up a boat this week for Granger ..you got me nervous I might have to hit you up rat to show me the routes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                      I was looking at picking up a boat this week for Granger ..you got me nervous I might have to hit you up rat to show me the routes

From the sound of it Im not sure I would want him to show me the route

Who am I to talk though...spent two hours in 100+ heat a couple weeks ago waiting for my buddy to come pull me off a stump. Got hung up right where the tunnel is and we couldn't get that **** thing off for nothin! 16 ft of water and catch a stump...figures.

Comment

Man from the sounds of it looks like I might need to invest in a good trolling motor

Comment

It's not really that bad, just go slow. And therein lies my problem; it's difficult for me to go slow!

Some day I will have a jet drive and not have to worry about all that stuff!
                          Last edited by Rat; 08-22-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
                            Alright guys I need some advice. I hunt some private land to get rid of the hogs for an older couple. Between my buddy and I we have knocked the numbers way down. The last few that we are getting on trail camera are older lone boars. They seem to be impossible to pattern as they show up every couple of days and at all hours. They are coming from a different property so we can't take the fight to them. Any suggestions other than lots of time in the woods waiting for them?

I don't think y'all put a dent in the population. Y'all just pushed them to the neighbors. Keep feeding and stop hunting and they will all be right back. Just my 2 cents.

The boars I see like to hang back. They are smart. Sit back and sniff and listen. They get a whif of you, your gun oil, or the shuffle of your feet and they gone before you knew they were there. Lone boars I find to be quiet, and not in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                              It's not really that bad, just go slow. And therein lies my problem; it's difficult for me to go slow!

Some day I will have a jet drive and not have to worry about all that stuff!

It takes me 45 min to hour to get to camp. Rat is a 10 min hope you don't die ride to camp.

Comment

Man from the sounds of it looks like I might need to invest in a good trolling motor

Get a decent gps depth finder 300ish. Go slow. Every time you hit a bump mark it on the gps. Then after a lower unit or two you just avoid the spots you marked and create a route[emoji41] or follow me I am slow. "Dirty speed"

Comment

Working...
                                X