Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys

AJCARRICKTX, Sounds good to me

SNEAKY, That's where i'll head then, I have never been scared of a long walk, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      Sore Finger is the place to go, man. You have to walk allll the way down to the end of the point, and hit every little spot. They're all up in there!
      All up where I wanna be! Get some Sore Finger Max!

Yee Hawg!

Comment

Is it time for GRXH 17 yet??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Only 7 months...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sore finger

So I made it out to sore finger and started walking about 20 min b4 official daylight, walked 5.5 miles by noon. Saw lots of white tail does and fawns, all the cows, an no hogs, but plenty of sign.
            Tried Willis creek unit for evening, and couldn't see much out there bc the crass was so tall. I did see 3 bucks out there (one of which was definitely a wall hanger) and they got within 20 yds of me, so guess who is gunna put in for the whitetail draw hunt, yup, this guy.

Comment

Sorry to break it to you Max but the deer hunt has been cancelled out there this year. Something about budget cuts ect....maybe back in a few years but who knows. Keep on chasing them sore finger pigs!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                Sorry to break it to you Max but the deer hunt has been cancelled out there this year. Something about budget cuts ect....maybe back in a few years but who knows. Keep on chasing them sore finger pigs!
                I'm pretty sure the huge drop in deer population out there had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Super sweet. I hope all them Mr150+class bucks hump them harems til their horns pop off. Disseminate some of those genetics up and down the Gabriel.

Giggity. Yee Hawg!

Comment

Haha.... well I'm glad I got drawn for deer ar Georgetown it will be my first "deer lease"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know how deep the water is by the primitive boat launch?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                        I have never been to the lake BUT, according to waterdatafortexas.org the lake is at 100% full.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                          Right now, the water is deep enough to stand in and get in and out of a canoe or kayak right at the steps. A few feet out it drops off to about 18' in the channel.

Comment

At least 4 feet the last time I tipped over in my canoe, while launching.

Comment

Might load up the kayak and take a trip out there soon to check it out. I have my usual hot spots but if any of you have some Intel on some good areas that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
                                Might load up the kayak and take a trip out there soon to check it out. I have my usual hot spots but if any of you have some Intel on some good areas that would be great.
                                AJ...Word on the beat...No hogs at Granger. Best not to catch poison from the ivy, lymes disease from the ticks, stroke from the heat, bubonic from the fleas, Zika from the skeeters or anthrax from wild dangerous non-existent hogs. Better stay home.

If youve a hankerin for leavin your bow somewhere...you know where I live.

Comment

Working...
                                X