No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willis Creek boat ramp is still closed to normal trailer launch operations, but you can put in a kayak or canoe there. I assume (there is that word) the other ramps are the same.

Granger is 6 feet over normal conservation pool. It is dropping slowly, as they release over 1000 cfs through the dam. Normal release is about 150 cfs.

Comment

Lots of pigs on the island. Wear snake boots!!

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        Lots of pigs on the island. Wear snake boots!!

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.
        Brave man! Everytime I get a hankerin for exploring the island...it gets quelled by not being able to see past 10 yards in the thicket.

I called the HQ yesterday...all boat ramps are open except Taylor park is still closed.

I ran into an local elderly fella last weekend...he told me stories of fishing on the San Gabriel and catching eel on the banks at night when theyd wriggle onto to the grass and feed on critters...before the rivers were dammed. Eels return to the saltwater to spawn. Id never heard of such things and thought it cool.

Yee Hawg!
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-25-2016, 12:18 PM. Reason: SeeSpake

Comment

I have caught sea-run alligator gar in the granger dam tailrace (there are no dams between there and the gulf), but never an eel.

Comment

Anyone seen any poisonous snakes out there lately? Thinking about heading out soon. I know they are always out there but are their more sightings than usual with the heavy rains?

Comment

Originally posted by Archer23 View Post
              Anyone seen any poisonous snakes out there lately? Thinking about heading out soon. I know they are always out there but are their more sightings than usual with the heavy rains?
              Just go you big wimp! And let us know if you see any...

Comment

All the hogs at granger are in the standing corn...until harvest, wouldn't u be if u were a pig....sleep in cool plowed dirt, wake up eat, go back to sleep...lol

Comment

But they are, I saw the corn over by the steps last week, they are ripping it all up by the road....all the way to the road by the primative launch.

Comment

But prob laying in the river in the heat of the day under the big canopy by the river and ransacking that corn by night!

Comment

Based upon what you saw chief were is the best place to get in to get close to the corn? Do you think farmers would let a person hunt the hogs tearing up the corn?

Comment

There was a farmer there at Granger that approached me and took my phone number and told me I could hunt his corn field at early morning (1am) with a shotgun. He said his farm is adjacent to the game check at Granger.

Comment

His name is Larry. He own those cows across gate 7.

Comment

My friend and I saw rattle snake last two weeks ago. He almost stepped on it. It rattles so my friend jumps backwards, cut a piece of limp and killed the 4 feet snake. It's by gate 6, the field with a lot of mesquite trees.

Comment

Man I hate snakes. I would hunt all
                              Year out there if it want for those dang things

Comment

Man I hate snakes. I would hunt all
                                Year out there if it want for those dang things
                                Just take your herpetological friend with; -)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X