X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
      If I did, I would be sure to wear blaze orange so the drivers could see me. Wouldnt want to get hit by a car or truck.

Anyone use goPro's mounted to their bow or spear at Granger? Some pretty interesting videos on youTube, would be neat for someone to upload a Granger one.

For a guy so concerned about regulations for hunting granger you sure don't know much. Spears are not a legal means to take pigs at granger. Stop being a troll and take your self for a long run off from a short cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by KoonceCrushed View Post
        Granger is a jungle! Wait till a few cold days this fall.

Yeah definitely going to wait out the heat of the summer - it'll be mid-fall before I go out there (if I can find time before rifle deer season starts!)

Comment

Granger is a swamp and the corn is ripenin.

Yee Hawg!

Comment

I bet granger is like a nasty muddy sweaty arm pit. The hogs can have it till fall. I will be on the lake

Comment

Hello everyone,
              I'm new to the granger lake hunting area. Just looking to try and find a place to go hunting occasionally and found this on the Texas parks website for pigs year round. Any pointers or places to try would be greatly appreciated. Is it mostly spot and stalk or is it worth it to try and corn a few places here and there? Are there very many walk in places? Closest thing to a boat is a kayak...

Again thanks for any information in advance!

Comment

Right now it's pretty thick. It's mostly spot and stalk. You can use your kayak to access a lot of good spots but there are also a few walk in trails. Late fall and winter are the best since the vegetation is down and it's not a mosquito,tick, and poison ivy infested jungle. This time of year I've often contemplated setting up a stand and Corning an area I've just never done it.

Comment

Bois d Arc are droppin monkey brains/ horse apples / osage oranges. Pungent...hog poopish smell...but not.

Yee Hawg!

Comment

Today...I had a feller warn me about Anthrax at Granger and in Granger critters. Whuh?

Comment

Man I'm glad I got the anthrax shot while on active duty than.

Comment

Comment

Yes!!! Awesome

Comment

GlenB: If you are not willing to wait till fall: Start out at gate 7, there are several wide trails in that area where you wont be picking up too many ticks/ivy.

Try your hand at spot and stalk there, you can graduate to kayak after you have a few hunts under your belt.

When you say 'corn' I assume you are talking about dry corn in a pipe feeder or soured corn dumped out of a jar in a pile on the ground.

In my experience, baiting does not work well, as they will come to your bait AFTER legal hours and clean it out. But they cant tell time well and occasionally will move in the last or first 15 minutes of legal hours.

Stick one and post the pics for the rest of us to drool over!

Comment

Thanks for the advice nightstalker I really appreciate it! I'll definitely posts pics if I get one!

Comment

Is the lake and river open to boating? I don't know if they had shut it down due to flooding and debris. (Well more debris than usual)

Comment

Working...
                                X